• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Del Col Accordion History?

AccordionJustice

Reaction score
Does anyone know the history of the Del Col accordion brand? I'm possibly going to be receiving a nice looking 41/120 instrument next week, but cant seem to find the model anywhere.

This is the model:

Del col.jpeg

Congratulations on the new accordion, it looks quality! I have seen a Del Col branded instrument online that makes reference to the manufacturer Brandoni. To me, the grill design and bass switches on your accordion have a Brandoni look too.

Enjoy!

Congratulations on the new accordion, it looks quality! I have seen a Del Col branded instrument online that makes reference to the manufacturer Brandoni. To me, the grill design and bass switches on your accordion have a Brandoni look too.

Enjoy!
Thanks Walker! That would be a happy surprise. Brandoni happens to be one of my favorite brands. i wonder if Del Col accordions are still being sold?

Last edited:
Idillio Del Col was a factory trained accordion technician who emigrated to the US from Italy as a young man. He settled in Louis Park, Minnesota where he became well known as an accordion technician. He imported partly built accordions from Brandoni, completed the work on them and sold them as Del Col instruments. He was also a very experienced player of the 5 row Chromatic System, performing extensively well into his 80s. When he began to struggle with bigger accordions he had Brandoni make him a very compact 2 voice 60 bass accordion that has 2 sets of treble reeds, MM & LM. I'm pleased to now be the owner of this accordion (photo attached) that also features in my Accordionists Forum photo.

Attachments

• Brandoni.jpg
    Brandoni.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 6
Idillio Del Col was a factory trained accordion technician who emigrated to the US from Italy as a young man. He settled in Louis Park, Minnesota where he became well known as an accordion technician. He imported partly built accordions from Brandoni, completed the work on them and sold them as Del Col instruments. He was also a very experienced player of the 5 row Chromatic System, performing extensively well into his 80s. When he began to struggle with bigger accordions he had Brandoni make him a very compact 2 voice 60 bass accordion that has 2 sets of treble reeds, MM & LM. I'm pleased to now be the owner of this accordion (photo attached) that also features in my Accordionists Forum photo.

I want one! I want one!

(But in B griff, please) :)

Back