• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

dating excelsior 308

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renaldo

Reaction score
Hi Folks, my first post after finding this group.IMG_4287.jpgIMG_4291.jpg { bless the internet, eh ? }I've just bought this 308 but can't find any serial number, is this unusual ? It does have plates with 308 and made in Italy.Would anyone be able to roughly date this model ?
Thanks a lot,
Renaldo

Mid 50's to Late 60's Excelsior Student model Accordiana Made in 2/4 & 3/4 reed models. These Excelsior Student models were of
exceptional quality and of a sturdy build. They first showed up with a different grill design -- this grill is later 60's. They are relatively
easy to refurbish. The machine made reeds in these models were of a high quality and the need for tuning is rare. The quality of build &
materials was equal to higher priced Excelsior models. A good find !!

Welcome Renaldo!
A fellow Australian ?
Lucky guy, living in Melbourne, a major Australian centre of things accordion ??

Mid 50's to Late 60's Excelsior Student model Accordiana Made in 2/4 & 3/4 reed models. These Excelsior Student models were of
exceptional quality and of a sturdy build. They first showed up with a different grill design -- this grill is later 60's. They are relatively
easy to refurbish. The machine made reeds in these models were of a high quality and the need for tuning is rare. The quality of build &
materials was equal to higher priced Excelsior models. A good find !!
Phew !, thanks for that, the lack of serial number confused me, the important thing is playability and tone and it sure has got that...

Well, for a start, no lockdown so I could go out and buy my first accordion!
So tell me more, where's the accordion action in Melbourne ?

Well, I'm not so sure about the action but, unlike many other places you do have several accordion shops, selling both new and used, as well as access to accordion servicing?
E.g., Music Junction, see here:

Last edited:
Well, I'm not so sure about the action but, unlikely many other places you do have several accordion shops, selling both new and used, as well as access to accordion servicing?
E.g., Music Junction, see here:
Yes, we don't do too badly.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back