• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Configuring the BK7m to the Roland 8 X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzer

Reaction score
Hi guys
I need some help ,I just bought a BK7M and am trying to configure it to the 8x without success. Can anybody help as I find the manuals a bit of a nightmare , I have to add I'm not the best with all this computer stuff .I think it's an age thing or maybe it's just me , ha!ha! .
Cheers

Guys, got it sorted ,won't tell you what I was doing ,oh what a plonker I am .
Cheers

Considering that the BK-7m has a wizard you run ONCE to configure it to run on an 8X, then save the settings (or actually it runs itself everytime you plug the 8X to the arranger's MIDI in port)... well... we'll let it go at that. :)

JerryPH post_id=60900 time=1530918594 user_id=1475 said:
Considering that the BK-7m has a wizard you run ONCE to configure it to run on an 8X, then save the settings (or actually it runs itself everytime you plug the 8X to the arrangers MIDI in port)... well... well let it go at that. :)

I found a used bk-7m. Gonna let you know what I think after I receive it. Looks like setting up is a breeze as you stated.
Thanks for the heads-up...

I just received a used Bk-7m. Thanks for the heads up on the Wizard. Makes it a breeze. Not bad of an instrument.
I got it communicate with ipad wireless, Yamaha ud-bt01 connected to the host port. Actually, I like the styles, not as busy as some on the Korg arranger.
All for now, happy playing! :b

I'm pleasantly surprised as the BK is a bit long in the tooth and due for some kind of update, however, I must admit, it does work nicely for the few things that I have done with it. Personally, though it is better in many areas, I still enjoy the sounds from my Ketron X4 as well. Honestly, both are way under-used by me. :)

JerryPH post_id=61238 time=1531907656 user_id=1475 said:
Im pleasantly surprised as the BK is a bit long in the tooth and due for some kind of update, however, I must admit, it does work nicely for the few things that I have done with it. Personally, though it is better in many areas, I still enjoy the sounds from my Ketron X4 as well. Honestly, both are way under-used by me. :)

Ketron seems to be more advanced, think there is the SD40 but way overpriced for my wallet. It does have a touch screen. Don’t know more about it. We all tend to under use these arranger modules and now our VAccordions. Will get a better picture of the BK, once I perform it live. Have to get a couple hundred songs on the performance list first.

I am not big on "arranger playing' at all, but many arranger keyboard players seem to agree that Ketron has very vibrant and realistic sounds. I have the Ketron SD40, but sounds by V3 Sound are higher quality. What's nice about the SD40 is that it is very compact and yet it features video out, USB hosts, and vocal harmonizer. They are coming out with the SD90 soon. I am more interested in using arrangers as a sound module.

By the way, your Korg PA4X has everything and more, right? That is a TOTL arranger.

torch post_id=61246 time=1531937686 user_id=421 said:
I am not big on arranger playing at all, but many arranger keyboard players seem to agree that Ketron has very vibrant and realistic sounds. I have the Ketron SD40, but sounds by V3 Sound are higher quality. Whats nice about the SD40 is that it is very compact and yet it features video out, USB hosts, and vocal harmonizer. They are coming out with the SD90 soon. I am more interested in using arrangers as a sound module.

By the way, your Korg PA4X has everything and more, right? That is a TOTL arranger.

I am sure Yamaha Genos is great too. If I had a choice between backing MP3 or Midi tracks, I prefer the arranger. You have more control over live performance. Tempo, length of song, etc. sometimes if I get a good groove beat play medley of songs. Something you can not do on backing tracks. My main purpose is to scale back on equipment. The bk was my now choice because got a good price on it. Maybe look at Ketron someday, but those music stores in my area do not stock any of that good stuff to try out.
BTW: think the Korg accordion sounds surpass Roland’s. The accordions on my recordings on my music page, 2nd and 5th Song all done with Korg accordion sound. Some may disagree?
https://www.larryrobertsent.com/music-player.html

Hallo, eine kurze Frage : das BK 7m gibt es nicht mehr zu kaufen,was ist eine gute Alternative ? Danke für Antworten !!

"Hello, a quick question: the BK 7m is no longer available, what is a good alternative? Thanks for answers !!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ketron SD-90 Pro is the new king of arrangers. That said, be ready to pay for the best... about 2500 Euros, $2900US or $3900CDN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back