• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Chinese Manufactured Accordion Model List

Yup: Another one to add to the Chinese Menu. And here's another one to add -- "Aileen"
Reminds me of a quote in a William Shakespeare play - What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would still have thorns.

Please add

Michael
Eagle
Dolphin
Veneza
Fenix
Franchini (not to be confused with Francini which is Italian)

Leonardo_M said:
Please add

Michael
Eagle
Dolphin
Veneza
Fenix
Franchini (not to be confused with Francini which is Italian)

Hi Leonardo. And welcome. We should make an effort to ensure the veracity of the info, as it may besmirch a model or maker if incorrect. So we will list info from well established trusted sources or with pics links etc.
Fenix/Veneza/Michael is a model & makers names I can find on a google search, and they have been added in, thanks. It is also worth noting not to be confused with Venezia which was an Italian (melodeon?) maker.
I can find nothing on Dolphin/Eagle/ Franchini, although it wont surprise me that they arent Italian. Where are these being sold? Mexico, Brazil?
Can you give us some links to where this info comes from, please.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Primo-Pia...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item2ecdb934ef

<ATTACHMENT filename=primo chinese made accordion..jpg index=0>

Link for info., already in the list. Shame on Musicroom not openly saying where its made. Y, we all know, I know. But a starter wanting a box wont.

Not that cheap either, £900 for a 72 Bass with standard (not Italian) reeds??
You can get a Hohner Bravo of Thomanns for £940 inc delivery to UK at current exchange rate.

Edited to say where its made...

Attachments

• primo chinese made accordion..jpg
    primo chinese made accordion..jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 1,732
Weren't Primo eastern-European made when Music Room first introduced them? To be fair, in those days they used to say something along the lines of "fit and finish is basic, don't expect too much, but they play well for the price!" Plus the immortal line "go on, take one to the party!"

Yep It was discussed before, and the concensus was thought Chinese. Im not saying that means theyre rubbish, or not. Just that they are made in China.
http://www.accordionists.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2104&p=22443&hilit=primo#p22443
http://www.accordionists.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2104&p=22467&hilit=primo#p22467

I spotted it on eBay & have only added the pic & eBay listing, today, for identification/info. purposes... & to moan... ;) .

I have a vague memory that Mr. Grainger confirmed it origins for me before... well see if they do again.

OK The Musicroom has confirmed yesterday in reply to an ebay message that it's Primo is Chinese manufacture

This Hohnica is Chinese - the listing has the (think) Chinese red label on the back of the treble section.

Attachments

• hohnica chinese.jpg
    hohnica chinese.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 1,680
  • hohnica chinese tag.jpg
    hohnica chinese tag.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 1,674
I have a Baile accordion that I bought in China a few years ago when I was living there. Does anyone have any information - perhaps the year, type of accordion, etc? I have not played this as much as Id like and and considering selling it but have no idea of the value. Im now located in Berkeley, CA. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0795.JPG
    IMG_0795.JPG
    399.2 KB · Views: 2,574
  • IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    392 KB · Views: 2,579
  • IMG_0797.JPG
    IMG_0797.JPG
    327.3 KB · Views: 2,569
We've already got Baile in the list, but the pics maybe useful. You may get more response starting a new thread.

two more: Heimond and Soprani (not to be confused with Paolo or Settimio Soprani made in Italy)

el_edu1 said:
two more: Heimond and Soprani (not to be confused with Paolo or Settimio Soprani made in Italy)

Hi el_edu1, welcome.
Im happy to include the Heimond - I can google examples and see they are recognisably Chinese - so its included, many thanks.

Im reluctant to put Soprani - there are more than 2 legitimate makers called Soprani. Have you got a link to the Chinese one?

el_edu1 said:

Hi el_edu1, welcome.
Im happy to include the Heimond - I can google examples and see they are recognisably Chinese - so its included, many thanks.

Im reluctant to put Soprani - there are more than 2 legitimate makers called Soprani. Have you got a link to the Chinese one?[/quote]

Paolo Soprani - Settimio Soprani - Silvio Soprani are italian accordions.

SOPRANI are chinese accordions (Google search acordeón soprani chino)

http://undermusicweb.com.ar/7182-thickbox_default/acordeon-soprani-verdulera-21-8-bajos.jpg>
acordeon-soprani-verdulera-21-8-bajos.jpg

http://mla-s1-p.mlstatic.com/acorde...avellaneda-848201-MLA20292247340_052015-O.jpg>LINK_TEXT>.gif
P.S.heimond is listed as heimund
Thank You !!

Many thanks.
PS Thanks for the Italian Soprani list, but there are still more Italian Soprani makers!!

Certainly look like it; added in. Thanks Knobby

Yep; Another fortune cookie.

Back