• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Chinese Manufactured Accordion Model List

I dont know exactly what is still done in the German Hohner factory, but the good Hohner accordions (like Morino) have been mostly made by Excelsior in Italy for decades (the Morino N and S series) and are now made by Pigini in Italy. Several newer Hohner models are clones of Pigini models. I have a Hohner Morino Artiste X S which has a nice imprint of Made in Germany on it, but really it has been made by Excelsior in Italy, and Excelsior did a great job on that as well.
The webpage http://pigini.homepage.t-online.de/Gebrauchte_Akkordeons_PIGINI_EXCELSIOR_Morino_Gola.htm (in German) explains it all.

You can now add "Brandelli" to the china list of names.
{} :twisted: {}

JIM D. said:
You can now add Brandelli to the china list of names.
{} :twisted: {}
Done, Thanks JD :tup:

Can now add "Goldstar" and the question mark can be removed from "Cotati"

The "Canarino" is as Chinese as a fortune cookie. At this point it's just a guess but the "J.Meister" and the "Aidi" seem to be Weltmeister's re-badged. Note the design of the shifts (couplers).

I know the switches appear to be different than the usual, Jim, but that definitely looks like the Parrot grill on them both. Cheap for a Welty, too?

Yes , Did some checking . All three are fortune cookies. :tup:

It seems we have a china brand miss- spelled here. It's the brand name Cipalino And should be Cipelino. I noticed this after a new member has posted purchased one of these on ebay and found it DOA on arrival. Our new member Kem seems to now have it on live support, and it will be curious to see if a decision is made to invest more money in labor and parts to bring it to life, or pull the plug.

You've been watching too many hospital soap series I fear Jim.

Yes, my one says Cipelino. It's interesting, you can't find more than maybe 10 of these if you google the brand.

Do I spend more time on it, or pull the plug? Honestly I want to keep working on it and find free alternatives to do so, whether it means using recycled scrap metal, wood, etc to do so but alternatively, a generous member here has offered to send me an accordion that needs to be repaired , so if it goes through I'll put the reed work on the chinese made one back whilst I work on everything else on the other one. Who knows, accordion repair could become a profession.

I'll have a working accordion, eventually. For sure!

Kem

JIM D. said:
It seems we have a china brand miss- spelled here. Its the brand name Cipalino And should be Cipelino. .
Yep -Edited. Thanks Jim.

Back