• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Chinese Manufactured Accordion Model List

Scuromondo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
has anyone tried the starting accordions from Thomann? they have a 41/120 4/5 LMMH (without cassotto) for a little less than 1000 €. I am pretty sure in these days this type of price cannot be achieved elsewhere than China...
I never heard of Thomann before. I would be interested to hear about them but I am too risk-averse to try one myself. I took home a Chinese-built Hohner Amica for a week one time. It was not bad at all, but it could not compare with my 50-year-old Paolo Soprani. Paolo Soprani is a solid Italian accordion, but it is definitely not a high-end brand; my used one cost $1000 less than a new Amica and was superior to it in every way except one: the new Amica had much quieter mechanics.

Pinu

Reaction score
Prices at Thomann for the startone accordions are pretty interesting:

22/8 - X/X 179€
26/48 - 2/X 419€
34/72 - 3/X 529€
37/96 - 3/4 589€
41/120 - 3/4 749€
41/120 - 4/5 (piccolo) 998€

I added an X when a key info was not displayed in the advertisement. All instruments above are without cassotto.

I add here the link of their website. on the contrary, I am pretty sure most people know Thomann here, since it seems to be the biggest musical instruments supplier in Europe.
I personally bought there a cheap brass sliding trombone fro around 100€ and I was just as good as an equivalent Yamaha of 300-400€. they are obviously no high end Instruments, but, at least my trombone plays pretty decently for that price

zqd9853572002

Reaction score
For example, there's not much wrong with this guy's "Parrot "?
I wonder what he's got here??
I am very sure these video were shot and published at least 20-25 years ago (around 1995-2000), they were just uploaded to youtube recently. The sound is very good for me.

zqd9853572002

Reaction score
Yang Yi is probably one of Asia's best known accordionists, and he is most heavily government sponsored and recognized as a political asset. You can bet that anything he plays may look like the "off the shelf" accordions, but they are known to be modified to the extreme and the costs associated are equal to or beyond the highest costing accordions on the market today. Of course, they would never let him play anything German or Italian just because of political pride.
Well, Yi is famous, but it is not because he is heavily sponsored by government, it is because he was from "that years" and can still play accordion on the stage (or in another word, he is still young and still has energy to play in different places, this is extremely important). I know some other Chinese accordionists, they have more titles and higher reputation than Yi's from gov, they are also senior than him, but they are not active these 10-20 years due to the age, and it is hardly to find their news