Why did the button accordion almost die out in oyur country?
Thai is a good question. I wish I would know the answer.
I can only suggest some possible answers:
- I think there are less people who start playing instruments, because it takes a lot of time to learn;
- Nowadays there are al lot of activities you can do. And peopla have a lot of differnt activities they do, so they have less time to practice;
- TV and computers take a lot of time;
- There are no young good role models;
- When bands like this are more succesfull, [/url] it would make our instrument more succesfull. But in the Netherlands the accordion is associate with older people.
I dont know if one of these answers is the right one, the only thing I can do as an enthousiastic CBA player is to make it easy for beginners to start, that is why I made the videos. And hope what Stephen wrote is right.