• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Black Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Islandboy232

Orite folks, as some of you know I am on the hunt for a decent box...

I have come across Black Diamond boxes online and in a few posts on here...I currently use a Hohner Student 72 which my father bought me in 1995, now i'm 26 and I have got his money's worth out of it. Would a BD 72 bass or 96 bass be a decent step up? I am looking for something with a faster keyboard than the hohner and something Musette preferred. Anyone played them? Seem to be good value for money, i'm either after buying a nice 2nd box for the same money or buying a new black diamond.

Black Diamond are Chinese manufactured. They have their advocates.. but some would say you'd be better sticking with the Hohner. ;)

Might be an idea to start a thread asking what you should be looking for & gathering some opinions. State your budget, willing to travel ?miles to try, what tunes you want to play (Scottish jigs reels etc), desired tuning, size 72/96/120 etc & get some input?
Shame you're not near here, I've got several musettes you could try/hear..

as a generalisation I would recommend a second hand quality box over a new cheap and cheerful one. Of course the proviso of '''try before you buy'' applies!

george

Thanks guys,

I live so far from any decent Accordion shop, the only one close to me is the squeeze box near Inverness shop and his accordions are amazing (Alessandrini) but they are a bit over my budget for my abilities. I know a guy at home with two of them, tried his old one and it was just incredible.

I am travelling to the mainland this leave, might do a bit more hunting and hopefully I will bump into a good one to try one out. This is worse than choosing a car :hb

Good, got time to do the research on line first then... get a post up. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back