• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Beautiful Milan and Salerno, now That's Amore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom,
This very tune was a big hit ( "That's Amore", 1953) for the singer/ entertainer/ actor / Frank Sinatra rat pack member, Dean Martín,waaaay back...?
See here:
Thanks for sharing!??
( Incidentally, you may notice you can hear and understand every word he sings, and the instrumentalists do not try to upstage him...ahh, those were the days!)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
Thanks Dingo and Terry! This song was originally in the movie "The Caddy" (available on youtube) with Jerry Lewis also. Not the greatest movie, but reprised in "Moonstruck" with Cher, much better. It's basically the "Italian" song everyone expects you to play here on your accordion, like you have to follow it with "Beer Barrel Polka," not sure what they are down under, maybe "Waltzing Matilda?"

Thanks Dingo and Terry! This song was originally in the movie "The Caddy" (available on youtube) with Jerry Lewis also. Not the greatest movie, but reprised in "Moonstruck" with Cher, much better. It's basically the "Italian" song everyone expects you to play here on your accordion, like you have to follow it with "Beer Barrel Polka," not sure what they are down under, maybe "Waltzing Matilda?"
I avoid them horrid tunes at all costs... They wanna listen to that then hire "the bontempi kid" in staying home...
Saying that i listened to your interpretation again and found it real neat you'd left such spaces for the tune to breathe between pbrases.... Make a note to practice myself likewise...

Thanks Terry! Yeah, it's weird, and I do admit to playing the "crowd pleasers," probably because I (used to) volunteer for the seniors. Plus I'm not good enough to get the good gigs. Anyway, they are good songs in general, just played to death, unfortunately. Soon that bontempo kid will be playing Despacito too...

Thanks Terry! Yeah, it's weird, and I do admit to playing the "crowd pleasers," probably because I (used to) volunteer for the seniors. Plus I'm not good enough to get the good gigs. Anyway, they are good songs in general, just played to death, unfortunately. Soon that bontempo kid will be playing Despacito too...
I don't get good gigs either really... But i like the one's where they stick me in a corner and let me have control of the ambient-o-meter.... Amore youve proven is a good tune... Should learn it really... Sit well with Besame Mucho and a rhumba Fly me too the moon.... I've a friend who plays real horrid singalongs and scot/irish medleys... The old folk love him.... Good luck... Nice guy... I just don't have the stomach for it, nor need the cash or kudos.... Keep em coming.... Everyone enlightens me in one way or another...

Reactions: Tom
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back