• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Battle Hymn of Republic Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireSpirit

Reaction score
Hello Guys. I would like to know if anyone has the sheet of that song for the accordion.

Lovely arrangement. Why do you need the sheet music if you can play it that well?
Not sure about the costume, think it was written in respect of the American Civil War, from a Unionist point of view. So a dark blue coat with a forage cap. You could always make it grey if you have a strong Confederate sympathy.

Well played. I think you'll find the music in about the key of G or A flat as it's a little high to sing to in C. The tune is used for many othere sets of words such as "He jumped from 40 thousand feet without a parachute" and I suggest you look for the music against alternative lyrics.

Lovely arrangement. Why do you need the sheet music if you can play it that well?
Not sure about the costume, think it was written in respect of the American Civil War, from a Unionist point of view. So a dark blue coat with a forage cap. You could always make it grey if you have a strong Confederate sympathy.
I always considered this an old time gospel song, independent of the Civil War. Wikipedia (so it has to be correct) considers it an old time traditional tune, with various lyric treatments, including one dedicated to the Northern armies. Anyway, good rendition, along with the stylin' bellows shake to go with the cape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back