• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Back Pad for Amica III 72??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate74

Reaction score
Hello All!

I recently purchased a used Hohner Amica III 72. Although a Chinese built model, its worlds better than the Weltmeister 34/48 I started on.

While I like the size and weight, it came with 4 mounting snaps on the back for a back pad, but no pad. The little snaps poke out just enough to bother me when Im playing for longer periods of time.

I was thinking Id remove them but then I end up with 4 holes in the back of my accordion. I wouldnt mind putting a back pad on it though. But then I noticed that the bottom strap mounts on the Amica are mounted on the back of the instrument, rather than on the bottom side, meaning I either need a smaller pad that only covers a portion of the instrument, or one that has some sort of a cut out.

Judging by the location of the current snaps on the back, the previous owner must have used a smaller pad. Id love to find one that if the current screw locations, to avoid the need for additoinal holes, but that might be wishful thinking...

Heres picture of the current layout:

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx97/natemorefield/20160825_092150_zpszw5fi7ux.jpg>LINK_TEXT>.png

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Jim! That would definitely be better than those little snaps rubbing my tummy :)

My wife says it might be possible to make my own pad as well. Some 4mm neoprene between two pieces of felt or something like that. Her confidence in my ability to sew aside, that may be a feasible option...

Nate74 said:
Thanks Jim! That would definitely be better than those little snaps rubbing my tummy :)

My wife says it might be possible to make my own pad as well. Some 4mm neoprene between two pieces of felt or something like that. Her confidence in my ability to sew aside, that may be a feasible option...
Im so lucky: my wife has made a pad for a few of my accordions already. My ability to sew is non-existent but she is very good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back