• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Anyone help me identify this accordion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artpaull

Reaction score
I know nothing about accordions. Was my fathers.
Not sure what I have here, but seems in good shape and all in order.
Needs a new home, but don't know if I sell it, donate it, or what...
Have more pics if needed.
Anyone?

Attachments

• 20190218_183627_HDR.jpg
    20190218_183627_HDR.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190218_183630_HDR.jpg
    20190218_183630_HDR.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20190218_183652_HDR.jpg
    20190218_183652_HDR.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20211222_120601583.jpg
    IMG_20211222_120601583.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20211222_120631060.jpg
    IMG_20211222_120631060.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 22
Welcome Paul! Seems like a nice smaller (?) accordion, well cared for. Unfortunately I don't recognize the badge. Someone will. Looks to me like a 1960s vintage, maybe branded for a local school or music studio? Value will depend on condition and sound to knowledgeable players. You can advertise it one the appropriate section here on the forum.

I know nothing about accordions. Was my fathers.
Not sure what I have here, but seems in good shape and all in order.
Needs a new home, but don't know if I sell it, donate it, or what...
Have more pics if needed.
Anyone?
I agree with Tom that condition will ultimately determine the value. That being said this appears to be a fairly no frills student instrument with no registers to change the sound. Interior components in accordions deteriorate over time (if stored in less than ideal conditions this can be much quicker). The instrument takes more air to play and eventually the notes go out of tune. The accordion will still “function” but not well enough to use effectively as an instrument. With many better equipped accordions on the market I don’t imagine anyone without a sentimental connection to this instrument would consider restoring it as the cost would be a multiple of final value of the instrument. I can’t give you true market value but assuming it plays not too badly I can’t imagine paying more than $150 for an instrument like that. The others on this forum might not concur but that would be my assessment.

Thank you both...
If it's a beginners model, I would gladly give it to someone starting out.
Rather see it get a new home where it would actually be used than spend more time in a closet...
Unfortunately, I have no idea where to go or how to make that happen.
Is that something I could achieve here?

There’s a classified section on the forum. You could also post it on your social media letting your friends and family know it’s available, maybe you have a friend who’s son or daughter likes musical instruments that would want it.

Depending where you live there could be an accordion shop that may be interested. They would also be able to tell you if the instrument has any life in it or not. And even if not they may be willing to give you something for it so they can use the parts to fix other units.

Many second hand music shops also buy accordions.

eBay, Craigslist or fb marketplace are other options. If you go any of these routes you would want to measure the length of the keyboard and include that with your listing. I’m guessing it’s 16 to 17”.

Best of luck.

I'm interested. You can message me. I often talk to people starting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back