• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Anyone date this Titan Please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellowFellow

Reaction score
I purchased this Titan Accordion and would like to know the approximate date of it. I'm not experienced by all means but enjoy playing after many years away from it. This Titan does have a  good sound and the leathers are all tight on the reeds. About as much as I know when judging ! lol  Just out of curiosity , why are dates not stamped on accordions? ( Probably not the first to ask that.)  One thing I did not like about it is the Factory Bellows protector installed on it. I took it off as it kept catching the bellows coming in. Bad technique on my part I guess.

Many Thanks,
Rick

Attachments

• ASIs-l16001.jpg
    ASIs-l16001.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 36
  • ASIs-l16005.jpg
    ASIs-l16005.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 53
  • ASIs-l16008.jpg
    ASIs-l16008.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 34
Rick
My guess would be around the middle 1960's.  

(The "well-rounded corners" era.)

They made them well in those days  :)

Very early 60's as in the middle 60's all models carried the badge "Titano" with a redesigned grill. A very sturdy construction with quality machine made reeds. Titans were made with 16,17, and 18 inch keyboards. A proper move removing that old backpad as the foam in it would have deteriorated years ago. With those white bellows I would replace it.
Because of the hard woods used in these Titan & Titano models the sound volume is excellent.
They were made in Italy by "Victoria" and for sales in Europe carried the Victoria badge.

This Titan has an 18 1/2 inch keyboard and the bellows protector was made to match the accordion. (Aluminum I think !) With a covering. The slightest bend of the bellows and it catches . You are absolutely correct on the sound volume and I enjoy playing it very much.

I did not have any idea of what to look for when purchasing an accordion but really feel I made a good choice with this Titan. I have not played one in over 40 years .  It has been a pleasant surprise to find out my fingers can still function.  :D

I'm 73 so just having fun with it will be my goal !

I do have a question - The case has a red lining and has bled ever so slightly into the white pearl around the grill section.  Any suggestions on how to remove it?

Many Thanks

Rick

Attachments

• ASI20200524-s-l16002.jpg
    ASI20200524-s-l16002.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 25
You might try a metal polish with the use of elbow grease. If the red color has bled for a matter of years - the color will be permanent and in this case the grill will have to be painted.
Silver Polish or Brasso will work just fine on the cellulose covering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back