• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

All time favourite piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
very difficult to say as like many others I have many favourites and even some favourite favourites! However The Bluebell Polka is still a tune that gets a very regular airing even though Ive been playing it for over 50 years so its probably as near as I'll get to an all time favourite.

george

Like most sometimes it changes, but I find myself going back to Czardas as a standby.

Ben

Funny but that,s the piece my teacher gave me last week, have not reached your standard yet, well played
colinm

I don't appear to be able to have a favourite for more than a few weeks.
Is there something wrong with me?
Am I so fickle? :cry:

<FONT font=Garamond><SIZE size=125>Olive Bossoms by Frosini

Zevy
There are four difficult pieces I can nearly play, Bell Viso, Nola Simonetta and Olive Blossoms, good choice
colinm

I must admit, I am quite shallow... There is music that I really enjoy playing to myself, Italian and freebass, but if I'm going to be honest my favourites to play are the ones that get the best reaction from the listeners when I am playing them (I mean, a better player would get a different reaction of course.) So that would have to be... Da Slockit Light!

The other one that used to get people to stop talking was an arrangement I did of a slow classical/Irish piece/tune called The Croppy Boy by Cornelius Cardew, I think basically because it started very deep down and people were surprised. I must get that up to scratch again.

So - slow airs basically...! Not what I thought I would have said before I thought about it.

Matt
Does your arrangement of croppy boy exist or is it in your head, if it exists could you post a copy
colinm

It exists but in the form of my scrawl on the piano music by Cardew. Happy to post it when I get to a scanner, I think the piano version is a really nice bit of music.

There are so many to choose from. :? I can play some tunes over and over and not get bored with them so picking a favourite is a problem.

If I had to choose I suppose that I never get tired of Reel Beatrice, I guess it took me so long to learn the chord patterns along with the right hand way back it'll be imprinted on my brain forever.:ch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back