• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Accordion Revolution: New Book Cover Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccordionUprising

Reaction score
In honor of World Accordion Day the cover of my upcoming Accordion Revolution book went public today.

accordionrev_f_frontcoverfinal.jpg

The book is due out in June. Pre-orders should start later in May. To know as soon as its available, feel free to sign up for the email announcement list at AccordionRevolution.com

The cover is by a local Vancouver (BC, Canada) artist Michelle Clement. We worked very hard for a sort of 1940s Rosie the Riveter propaganda poster look. My Accordion Noir radio co-host Rowan reviewed an early version and pointed out the accordion lacked straps. Whew, fixed that.  :)

Im excited to finally make it available after all these years talking about the project. Hopefully its entertaining and shares some stories that inspire more people to continue researching and writing about the history of the instruments. Id love to read more books on the subject!

Bruce

Congratulations Bruce, I like it and plan to get it for sure. I'm pretty sure I won't write one though!

Tom said:
Congratulations Bruce, I like it and plan to get it for sure.  I'm pretty sure I won't write one though!

Wild cover-really fun. Will you be taking it around the conventions this summer-I know of four.
I tried to find it on amazon a few weeks ago and there was no listing. Will check again now.

Doesn't arrive in Canada until June 29th,no pic nor price on the Amazon site so far. You would think they would have more
respect for a native son. Really love the cover-the player looks so fierce and determined.

Bruce I imagine you are familiar with the site AccordionsUSA-Rita Barnea-she will do an article on you and a write-up if
you contact her.

Tom pid=65608 dateline=1560193222 said:
Tom pid=65145 dateline=1557240931 said:
Congratulations Bruce, I like it and plan to get it for sure.  Im pretty sure I wont write one though!

Wild cover-really fun. Will you be taking it around the conventions this summer-I know of four.
I tried to find it on amazon a few weeks ago and there was no listing. Will check again now.

Doesnt arrive in Canada until June 29th,no pic nor price on the Amazon site so far. You would think they would have more
respect for a native son. Really love the cover-the player looks so fierce and determined.

Bruce I imagine you are familiar with the site AccordionsUSA-Rita Barnea-she will do an article on you and a write-up if
you contact her.

Yes, the book has begun to appear for pre-orders on various online spots. More to come. And more details in the next little while about availability in more places.

And I have talked with Rita about AccordionsUSA. Well hope to get in there in the next months.

I would love to go to various conventions and gatherings. Im going to Cotati Accordion Festival in August. well have to see about others. It would be amazing if they  were all coordinated in a nice route from one to another. But alas, its California/Quebec in one weekend? Thats a heck of a walk. 

Were planning a big book-launch party for June 28 here in Vancouver. Should be fun if anybodys in the neighborhood.

[video=youtube]
[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Accordion Revolution: A People’s History of the Accordion.

The long awaited book by Bruce Triggs, host of Co-op Radio’s Accordion Noir.

Did you know that Lead Belly and Muddy Waters played “windjammer” accordion before they got guitars? That polka icon Lawrence Welk opened a hamburger stand that sold Squeeze Burgers? And that hundreds of old-time accordionists played alongside the fiddles and banjos in the golden age of country music?

You’re invited to hear these stories and more
at the Accordion Revolution book launch, Friday, June 28, from 7-9 pm at Vancouver’s Co-Op Radio (THREE Seventy Columbia St.)

There’ll be books, prizes, music. And the party is broadcasting live so fans can listen in from the comfort of their own time-zone!

Please RSVP (the Party is free, but tickets are limited)
Go to:
AccordionRevolution.comAccordionRevolution.com[/font]

What about a launch at Musical Instruments in Toronto? Largest accordion dealer in the country.

Alans said:
What about a launch at Musical Instruments in Toronto? Largest accordion dealer in the country.
They have a nice collection of YouTube videos. Too bad they have zero online info about their stock.

Alans said:
They have a nice collection of YouTube videos. Too bad they have zero online info about their stock.

JerryPH said:
What date is your visit in Quebec?

Alans said:

I would love to do a cross-continental tour. The Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Festival, and a visit to Nunavut would be dreams come true. And the Carrefour de l'accordéon up in Montmagny QC too. 

But the economics of the touring (first time) author... I'm learning as I go.

I ordered it on Amazon.

It was a single order, over $25 so free shipping!

Thanks for ordering my book. I look forward to hearing what you think. I'm told to encourage reviews online.

Can you find the mistake on page 59 of the unrevised first printing? (I hope to fix it quick. We caught it in time for the ebook version.)

No prob, Bruce, glad to support everything cordeen! So you're saying I'll have the first edition deluxe collector's edition? I haven't received it yet but will try to let you know what I think....

Waiting for the +20 minutes of missing scenes "Director's Cut"... lol
Bruce I am a lazy guy today, someone mentioned the ebook version, where is that available?

JerryPH said:
Waiting for the +20 minutes of missing scenes "Director's Cut"... lol
Bruce I am a lazy guy today, someone mentioned the ebook version, where is that available?

Amazon

MJerryPH said:
Thanks Eddy.  :)
I found the Kindle version, but as of yet, not the ebook version.

Ah. I have the free Kindle app on all my devices, since some books only get released there.

Hi all,
I just learned that the ebook (non-kindle) version of Accordion Revolution is held up by a formatting issue. Working to resolve.

Ill make an announcement here (for the print and ebook versions) when its all available.

You could also sign up with my infrequent email list at AccordionRevolution.com to hear the latest updates.

Thanks! Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back