• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

A little more bit of history

Thanks. I know my accordions and I know my Beatles! It’s a shame - didn’t even know how to hold the instrument.

I know my Beatles, but cannot say the same for accordions.

Why, I'm the 2793rd Beatle! Where do you fall behind the reputed "5th Beatle? Hah!

when i was a Student and playing my uncles "borrowed" and
by me beloved Scandalli HubCap full size 140 bass, my Mother
called into KDKA Radio during a contest and won me a collected
Beatles songbook (blue cover.. like an inch thick..) it even had their
Berlin days and other cover songs they did too

it was the first legit Music book i ever had, all mine, other music was always
stuff my Teacher gave me for a lesson

naturally i learned every song in that book.. so yeah maybe i earned
a place in the line you are referring to ! and i still play some of those songs

"The difference is that solenoids are used to electromechanically open the values on the bass side. The sound is generated exactly the same same as with their standard accordions."
I dabbled with this in the early 2000's but the power needed was impractical due to the weight of batteries needed, this has changed in the last 10 years.
Add a balanced valve system (learned about this while building a steam car) and the power needed would be really low. Balanced valves could also be used to reduce the force needed to operate the buttons on a regular accordion.

Back