• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Wonderful Sunday afternoon online free sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alans

Reaction score
There is an Accordionist who lives on the west coast of Canada named Ronen Segal.. Every Sunday afternoon he plays and talks about the accordion. The videos are steamed live and then posted to watch a few hours later. Ronen maintains a chat board while he is playing and people from around the world suggest tunes they’d like him to play or pose questions they have. He is the most genial and happy accordionist imaginable,he beams when he plays. For Ronen,and I only met him online myself and live across this enormous country from him,playing the accordion is the most joyful experience and he loves to share this with his viewers.
His show is Sunday afternoon one pm eastern time which is the same time as New York City.
Always a joy to watch. He also runs an online school but you don’t have to,join that to follow him.Really a great player and great advocate for the instrument.

Thanks Alan and Bocsa. Interesting, gonna check out the Sunday show. I've watched and liked a lot of his tutorials but always thought of him as "Moshe Zuchter," his channel name. I wonder what it means.

Last edited:
That is very confusing. I agree. He said once he uses Moshe as his online name but he doesn’t so...

I'm going to log in and watch the show today. Checked out his site accordionlove too and it looks pretty good, I think I'll try a month for $14 and see how I like it..... Says everything from tangos to polkas but I don't see any polkas in the song listing.

Graeme Mackay (Elgin, Scotland) is doing similar on weekdays and weekends over on FB .... 'Ceilidh Cabin'

Mostly Scottish and on a BCC# Button box ;)

More playing, less Rabbit than Moshe ;)

He does tend to move! ?

Yes someone once commented on the mvt. I think it’s great.
Tom the accordion love siite is being completely revamped. You can write Ronen and ask about polkas.

Hi Alan, I enjoyed the Sunday show and he pointed out the 2 polkas he's currently got on the site. I signed up and will try a month to see how it goes. He seems very approachable and there is a lot of interesting content online.

I love it that Ronen talks so much! He talks us through what he's doing, like you'd get if you had your tutor in the room with you. And he makes things very clear and easy to understand. I've been playing on and off for several years, but got kind of stuck in a rut and never really knew what to do with my right hand if I wasn't playing solo. After a couple of weeks of intermittently watching Ronen's videos, I'm picking up all sorts of interesting ideas and techniques.

Hi Alan, I enjoyed the Sunday show and he pointed out the 2 polkas he's currently got on the site. I signed up and will try a month to see how it goes. He seems very approachable and there is a lot of interesting content online.
Hi Tom,
Just wondering which site this is that you are talking about - maybe it's not live anymore?

Hi Tom,
Just wondering which site this is that you are talking about - maybe it's not live anymore?
The lessons site is https://www.accordionlove.com and you can find the live streams and other videos on his YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/moshezuchter/videos
I haven't signed up for the lessons site yet, but probably will down the line. I've enjoyed and gotten a lot out of the tutorials he has on YouTube, and would agree that his joy in the accordion is quite infectious and inspiring.

Reactions: Tom
I’ve been following Ronan’s live streams for well over a year. He has the most infectious passion for the
accordion and he’s also the nicest and most generous person imaginable. You can see his love for the instrument by his facial expressions and he’s always eager to assist new students to fall in love with the instrument.
My only issue is that he strongly believes in improvisation and having been raised in a classical tradition on another instrument,improvisation just doesn’t mean anything to me. Ronen probably has more videos online than anyone else and he regularly posts new material during the week. An advocate for the love and beauty of the instrument is hard to find elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back