• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Wireless midi

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony2000

Reaction score
Does Anyone uses a wireless midi for their accordion? If yes what do you use and how do you like it

If you look under   wireless midi for acoustic …..I replied to a similar question in September of this year regarding my own set up ……………..  remember you need to have the musictech midi system installed in the accordion !!! fortunately before I purchased the Piermaria accordion it was confirmed by the company that indeed a musictech system was installed during the manufacture of the accordion ………..    good luck !!……………...Giovanni

Hi Giovanni i don't have a music tech but a roland v accordion,
Midi is midi so if work for you should work for me no?? Or I'm wrong?

tony2000 said:

Im interested in getting wireless midi out of my Roland (fr1xb).

Currently in the pondering how this would work stage. Id like to try this Yamaha UD-BT01 thing, but it requires a power plug. (Which is a bit off-putting for a wireless solution. :huh: )
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/accessories/ud-bt01/index.html

So Im wondering if it would work with a portable usb battery-charger power-supply? I dont think the Yamaha takes much power.

Before I bought the UD-BT01 (or messed around with its power options), Id want to try it plugged in to see if the latency kills it. Ive heard the bellows-control is hard for a lot of midi systems to handle, and assume adding wireless would only make that bottleneck worse.

I want to do the same thing, i have a korg pa 1000 has a backing style player that im controlling bia midi therefore i am unable to stroll around the guests tables while playing on the gigs, there have to be some sort of solution ....

tony2000 said:

tony2000 said:

Hi tony2000 ………….I did not realize that you were talking about using Roland V accordion ……..I honestly don't think the music tech system will work ….....you could always contact musictech in Italy and ask ??………..Why don't you contact Roland and ask them, the people I knew who worked on the accordion digital side have all left the company ………...best of luck let us know how you get on !!! in your quest ...............Giovanni

tony2000 pid=68067 dateline=1572963600 said:
I want to do the same thing, i have a korg pa 1000 has a backing style player that im controlling bia midi therefore i am unable to stroll around the guests tables while playing on the gigs, there  have to be some sort of solution ....

Here is a pro level solution to wireless MIDI

Panda MIDI:  http://www.pandamidi.com

The UD-BT01 works with any USB battery pack as long as the USB battery doesn't shut off automatically when it "thinks" there is no device connected to it due to a very low current draw, and the UD-BT01 takes very little juice.

Range and reliability is limited with Bluetooth. It was designed to be a technology for short distance, low demand setup, not something where you want to transmit the equivalent of left hand, right hand, velocity keys and bellows data going to and from... I doubt the Yamaha system could handle it, and if it could... we are looking at maybe 20 feet of strolling area. I don't think this is what the OP is looking for. :)

Hello and thank you, i just e mailed the panda midi solution for their recommendations

AccordionUprising pid=68061 dateline=1572921406 said:
Im interested in getting wireless midi out of my Roland (fr1xb).

Currently in the pondering how this would work stage. Id like to try this Yamaha UD-BT01 thing, but it requires a power plug. (Which is a bit off-putting for a wireless solution. :huh: )
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/accessories/ud-bt01/index.html

So Im wondering if it would work with a portable usb battery-charger power-supply? I dont think the Yamaha takes much power.

Before I bought the UD-BT01 (or messed around with its power options), Id want to try it plugged in to see if the latency kills it. Ive heard the bellows-control is hard for a lot of midi systems to handle, and assume adding wireless would only make that bottleneck worse.

The UD is For Bluetooth control for your iOS or favorite iPad apps. I have been using this for many years to select arranger performance number selection from my IPad App called Songbook Plus. Not for wireless midi. It is plugged into my arranger. We have discussed this in other areas of this forum...

I just ordered one from Panda midi ,it has great reviews, actually one the accordionist here suggested

tony2000 said:
I just ordered one  from Panda midi ,it has great reviews, actually one the accordionist here suggested

How is it working for you? I did not have success. Sometimes notes would hang...not 100% reliable as MiDIJet has been for 2+ years.
A quick note: I purchased the original Panda and it looks like they upgraded the midi cable connection. My thoughts are these units are as good as the cables. One disconnect, hanging note. I even had a problem with MiDIJet, found it was the midi cable...not the unit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back