• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Where: Hohner certificates??

JerryPH

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just spent 15 minutes looking for the link on where to send Hohner money for their certificates and couldn't find it.

I have this link:
where they discuss that they do it, but not the link where I can send the info and where to send the funds.

Help? :D

Thanks!

I emailed them and they replied with details and IBAN account details. I've not done it yet but I will for my older Hohner.

Having dug through my emails, I must have initially contacted them by their web site. But the reply came from <accordion@hohner.de> and I've included the reply below. It might have been this webpage: https://www.hohner.de/nc/en/metanav/contact

Dear Rosie,

for a flat price of EUR 30.00 we investigate the age of your accordion, therefore we need the model and the serial number.

After that we can define the delivery date (Please be informed, between 1930 and 1987 you receive the delivery date and shipping location, after 1987:only production month).
The delivery dates will be sent as a certificate.
Please transfer the amount of EUR 30.00 to one of the following bank accounts and send us your complete postal address, too:

IBAN BLZ BIC

Commerzbank AG Vill. --- ---

Volksbank Trossingen eG --- ---

As soon as we get the receipt of payment, we immediately send the certificate to your address.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
With best regards
i.A. --------
Handzuginstrumentenmachermeister
-Akkordeon Service-
HOHNER Musikinstrumente GmbH
Andreas-Koch-Straße 9
78647 Trossingen
Germany

It took me a while to get around to it, but I sent payment yesterday. International bank transfer was too complicated/expensive but Hohner were able to provide a Paypal alternative.

I just have to wait now...

Oh cool! Yes they gave me a Paypal address too, stating that for North America, that is how they prefer it. I'm still waiting to start that process, I have too many things happening around here, so it's closer to the bottom of my list rather than the top.

Let me know when your certificate arrives and what you think about it! :)

Oh cool! Yes they gave me a Paypal address too, stating that for North America, that is how they prefer it. I'm still waiting to start that process, I have too many things happening around here, so it's closer to the bottom of my list rather than the top.

Let me know when your certificate arrives and what you think about it! :)

I'll do that. My accordion is mid-1980s I think, so there is a fair chance I've just paid 30 Euros for just a manufacture date. But if it's earlier than I think 1987 then I'll get a bit more information.

It's probably going to look quite a lot like

HohnerLuciaCertificate.1.jpg

So I only really learnt the original delivery date and price, but for me still worth it.
It's 6 weeks younger than me :)

It's probably going to look quite a lot like

So I only really learnt the original delivery date and price, but for me still worth it.
It's 6 weeks younger than me :)

Yes, it's a nice thing to have. I can't really see myself playing anything bigger or heavier than my Concerto III, and it's lovely to play, so I think I'll have it for a long time - so nice to have the certificate.

Hi Jerry
For yours you probably will also get the original tuning.

Attachments

• Auslieferungszertifikat.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
My certificate arrived. My accordion is a little older than I expected. I did a currency & inflation conversion and it was originally sold for about the same as I bought it last year.

Edit: it's interesting that they describe the colour simply as 'red'. It's more of a rust colour, I wonder if it left the factory like that, or it's a red that's faded?

Attachments

• hohner small.jpeg
    hohner small.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I wonder if the serial numbers are consecutive? There's a difference of 13,000 in just one month

I'll stick my certificate up again. I'm always enthused to see folks' documentation about their instrument's age. Hohner provides a nice service to offer the certificates.

IMG_3215.jpg

I'm always enthused to see folks' documentation about their instrument's age. Hohner provides a nice service to offer the certificates.

It is a nice service. It sparks my imagination - thinking of New York city in 1931, or Munich in 1936... it makes me think what tales the accordions could tell.

Back