• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Where can I find this sheet music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy girl

Reaction score
I have not been very successful finding Piano accordion music for 'Elizabeth Serenade' complete with bass notation.

Can anyone help please?

It looks like it does exist:
(but currently out of stock).
If you are trying to find free sheet music it may prove harder: the composer died in 1979, so in the countries with the most relaxed copyright laws (1st of january 50 years after death) you still need to wait until 2030 for this composition to enter the public domain and even then the arrangements may still have copyright on them.

Thanks debra. Maybe in this case perhaps a member might have a copy they are willing to share, sell or part with?

There are lenty of piano scores online. I just tried one and it's not too hard (difficulty being relative of course, depends how well you read music I guess) although I did have to move some parts up/down on the treble side to make them fit. Might work better in a different key to lower it dwn the kb although I did not try that..

Hi Happy Girl, here's one version I found online. Always enjoy reading your posts.

Attachments

• Elizabethan Serenade.pdf
    485.3 KB · Views: 41
Thank you so much Marcus. Yes, I can cope with that, (With a bit of huffing & puffing,) but I do like a challenge !
I am delighted you have taken the time to look for this piece, it has been my favorite ever since listening to it on the radio as a child........ does anyone else remember 'Children's Hour' in the 50's? Wonderful memories, happy tunes !!!

Hi Happy Girl. I'm glad you can put that version to use. The bass in that piano version works on the accordion. I am also keen on the pleasant compositions of Ronald Binge: Classic FM played his 'Miss Melanie' just this morning. Binge's music seems to have an affinity for our instrument including his mellow waltz 'Sailing By' (see attachment)

Attachments

• Accordion Sailing By Waltz.pdf
    163.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Thank you Marus. This piece is much more manageable than Elizabethan Serenade, which has me huffing & puffing more than expected. It is a challenge never the less & there to be mastered!

Maybe 'Sailing By Waltz' is a good contender for Toms sight reading challenge?

Last edited:
Thank you Marus. This piece is much more manageable than Elizabethan Serenade, which has me huffing & puffing more than expected. It is a challenge never the less & there to be mastered!

Maybe 'Sailing By Waltz' is a good contender for Toms sight reading challenge?
Definetly! And I'll probably try it myself, looks approachable for sight reading.

Definetly! And I'll probably try it myself, looks approachable for sight reading.
Really helps to know your RH chord inversions/arpeggios for that one! Looks like the melody is 100% notes from the underlying chord. Good practice for that whether one sight-reads it or not. (y)

Really helps to know your RH chord inversions/arpeggios for that one! Looks like the melody is 100% notes from the underlying chord. Good practice for that whether one sight-reads it or not. (y)
Really good point Jeff! Wish I had understood the whole arpeggio/inversion thing when I started. I'm still retrofitting many tunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back