• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Weltmeister Seperato Standard 37/96 — where to find stats (weight, key size, etc.)

AlicePalace

Reaction score
I am looking at a used Weltmeister Separato Standard 37/96 for sale in my area, and found a video of someone playing the same one but cannot find any stats on the weight and such. I’m a small woman, so I want to be sure it’s not a beast. I already have a student-size 26/48 (Giulietti) and while I still have much to learn on the bass side, I keep running out of keys for treble melodies and thought this Weltmeister might fit the bill. They’re selling it for $800. Any tips on where I might find the stats for it (other than asking the seller)? Thoughts on the price (assuming it’s in very good condition)? TIA Weltmeister Separato Standard

You could always email Harmona/Weltmeister in Germany maybe they still have the information about the old DDR instruments.

I am looking at a used Weltmeister Separato Standard 37/96 for sale in my area, and found a video of someone playing the same one but cannot find any stats on the weight and such. I’m a small woman, so I want to be sure it’s not a beast. I already have a student-size 26/48 (Giulietti) and while I still have much to learn on the bass side, I keep running out of keys for treble melodies and thought this Weltmeister might fit the bill. They’re selling it for $800. Any tips on where I might find the stats for it (other than asking the seller)? Thoughts on the price (assuming it’s in very good condition)? TIA Weltmeister Separato Standard
Hi;
Just a thought.
I have an older, nice condition, Stanalli Pixie that may be of interest.
It's a full 120 bass, 41 key , 2voice small, lightweight, Stanelli. White, with gold color bass buttons, and gold color accidental keys.
It's older, but plays well. Not sure of the tuning.
Come with a hard case, straps, complete.
I would sell this for $250.00 plus shipping (from Cleveland, Ohio)
If this is of any interest, I would be happy to take some pictures, and measurements.
Chickers

Even though this Weltmeister addresses your desire for additional keys, I think it is possible that, after playing a Giulietti, you may be disappointed in the build quality and sound quality of the Weltmeister.

Hi;
Just a thought.
I have an older, nice condition, Stanalli Pixie that may be of interest.
It's a full 120 bass, 41 key , 2voice small, lightweight, Stanelli. White, with gold color bass buttons, and gold color accidental keys.
It's older, but plays well. Not sure of the tuning.
Come with a hard case, straps, complete.
I would sell this for $250.00 plus shipping (from Cleveland, Ohio)
If this is of any interest, I would be happy to take some pictures, and measurements.
Chickers
Hi there — for some reason I didn’t get a notification about your response, so I apologize for leaving you hanging with your kind offer. I don’t know if you still have your Stanelli? If so, what’s the voicing on it?

Alice,
Did you ever end up looking at it? I think I may be considering the same squeezebox.
-Ed S
Hi, Ed. Sorry for the delayed response — the forum isn’t alerting me to responses for some reason so I missed yours and others! I did not go look at the accordion because the seller ghosted me. They had said they would take measurements for me, and had said they would take a new picture of the bass buttons for me. But then I got nada. The one I was considering is blue, located somewhere around Manchester, NH. The listing is still up.

Chickers,
That looks great!
I have to ask: are the bass couplers true to label?🤔
They seem to suggest that there are 5 voices in the bass box: quite a lot for a two voice treble?🤔
But, what would I know 🤫
Here's another two voiced Stanelli:
Here's a rather unusual model:
These examples demonstrate that Stanelli is a serious outfit, who know their onions !🙂

Last edited:
ALACEPALACE:

Chickers,
That looks great!
I have to ask: are the bass couplers true to label?🤔
They seem to suggest that there are 5 voices in the bass box: quite a lot for a two voice treble?🤔
But, what would I know 🤫
Here's another two voiced Stanelli:
Here's a rather unusual model:
These examples demonstrate that Stanelli is a serious outfit, who know their onions !🙂
HI DINGO:
Great question.
I'm sorry, but I cant answer your question, as I have never opened the Stanelli up to investigate. I understand it not all that difficult to pull the
pins, and take a look, but I'm hesitant that I might disturb something, and not know how to put it back into place. Also, I'm not sure what I'm looking at when I do open it up ? Ha, ha.
I may get brave, and open it up for a looksee.
CHICKERS

HI DINGO:
Great question.
I'm sorry, but I cant answer your question, as I have never opened the Stanelli up to investigate. I understand it not all that difficult to pull the
pins, and take a look, but I'm hesitant that I might disturb something, and not know how to put it back into place. Also, I'm not sure what I'm looking at when I do open it up ? Ha, ha.
I may get brave, and open it up for a looksee.
CHICKERS
DINGO
Thanks for the videos on the Stanelli accordions. The white box as shown is very much like the one I have.
I don't know if the mussette capability is on mine---I'll have to check it out.

Hi, Ed. Sorry for the delayed response — the forum isn’t alerting me to responses for some reason so I missed yours and others! I did not go look at the accordion because the seller ghosted me. They had said they would take measurements for me, and had said they would take a new picture of the bass buttons for me. But then I got nada. The one I was considering is blue, located somewhere around Manchester, NH. The listing is still up.
Thanks much - that's the one I thought you meant. You might be interested in this accordion . I sent a query about it and got a good response. He has several for sale, most much more expensive. I think he must do repairs himself. It's a 19" keyboard. I'm going up to see Nathan Longo next week looking for something similar. He's very well regarded around here and says he has lots of low-end accordions for sale.

BTW, to get keyboard size, I always first google the make and model and hope to see a Youtube video of a similar instrument from Liberty Bellows. They always post the keyboard size and other stats below the video (on Youtube, where the post remains long after they've sold it). It didn't work for the Seperato, but it usually does.

Thanks much - that's the one I thought you meant. You might be interested in this accordion . I sent a query about it and got a good response. He has several for sale, most much more expensive. I think he must do repairs himself. It's a 19" keyboard. I'm going up to see Nathan Longo next week looking for something similar. He's very well regarded around here and says he has lots of low-end accordions for sale.

BTW, to get keyboard size, I always first google the make and model and hope to see a Youtube video of a similar instrument from Liberty Bellows. They always post the keyboard size and other stats below the video (on Youtube, where the post remains long after they've sold it). It didn't work for the Seperato, but it usually does.
Oh, I do the same — I Google and look for a post from Liberty Bellows to get the stats and watch a video, if they have one posted. Such a great resource! I think the 19” keyboard would be too big for me, as I’m only 5’2”. I need the lightest/smallest one I can find with a full keyboard. I found this Salanti 2047 posting locally. Looks like LB had the same one and it seems like it would be nice and small, 41/120 (which at least gives me full keyboard) though it’s just LM. I’d really prefer LMM or LMH, but I’m not sure it’s possible in a box that’s small enough for me. The Stanelli Pixie that @Chickers owns might have LMM.

Back