• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

whats your favorite music to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

accordian

personally my favourite are the songs that you do not expect to hear eg. ghostbusters , the final countdown etc. although I do also like the traditional music such as la tarantella etc.

as in the Theme from Ghostbusters? nice

for me:
- funk/soul
- blues(rock)
- folk

On PA I'm learning baiao, forro, boogie woogie, blues, balkan tunes

On diatonic BA it's french folk, bal musette, some irish tunes, fiddle tunes, cajun,

I don't suppose you guys like house of the rising sun?

accordian post_id=52807 time=1511905819 user_id=2458 said:
I dont suppose you guys like house of the rising sun?

A good blues! When I started playing guitar around 1971 this was one of the staples (and smoke on the water, stairway to heaven, sunshine of your love, et al). I think it would sound pretty cool on accordian. I like to play others from my rock days - oye como va and black magic women (santana)..

I think we need to publish more of those songs mentioned above on YouTube. Yes the traditional accordion-hits are good to do, but to put your performance over the edge add those guitar hits.
“it Never Rains in Southern California”, “Take it Easy”, Eagles, “Ring of Fire”, Johnny Cash, “Every Step You Take”, Police (but with a 80’s dance beat- why play it slow?), “Sweet Home Alabama”, Lynyrd Skynyrd...do not be afraid to put a more modern dance beat like 80’s/90’s, to those 50’s, 60’s, 70’s tunes! You will become noticed, guaranteed!
Let’s get busy and show the world what us accordionists can do! Not Just Polkas anymore...

Take the box outside the box....<EMOJI seq="1f609">?</EMOJI>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back