• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

What to wear

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GOM

When entertaining what do you wear? When playing/busking saxophone playing standards (Sinatra) I tend to wear black shirt white tie trilby. In a big band usually Tuxedo, Christmas red shirt. I.e. themed to the music. Saxophonists have long been renowned for berets, pork pie hats, bandanas, kufis etc. with the obligatory shades.

Having just returned to accordion playing I wondered if there are any dress conventions I should adhere to? I noticed Anyanka's fancy gloves and her friend "morris' natty hat.

Bunelik (Accordions South West I believe) on YouTube sometimes wears something to compliment what hes playing, for a bit of a joke IMO - beret for a French musette etc.

For ceilidhs bowler hat and yellow waistcoat! When I used to play for north west it was clog, bowler hat, red waistcoat with picture of melodeon embroidered on the back ( each musician had their instrument embroidered on their waistcoat) I did of course cover my nether regions with appropriate trousers as well!

george

Must keep the old ham and eggs warm, eh George!

A Pink Tutu, army boots and a jesters hat defiantely gets you noticed and offers an alternative look as does a long white doctors coat with a rubber chicken pinned to it and a wild Christopher Lloyd wig .. My fave is looking I`ve just come off the battlefield in the times of Willam Wallace - though without the blue warpaint . Whatever, so long as you don`t look like a traditional sad old git playing an accordion in a boring folk group :cool: ......

I havent yet reached the stage where I need to worry about dress....but thinking ahead to planned busking attempts in a while ,I think I should avoid looking affluent.

Perhaps not rags exactly....but charity shop stuff maybe?

Lets face it, at the moment Im pretty awful on the PA so Ill really have to look for the sympathy vote.

I will take my dog (seen below while I was practising) with me - he is always ready to look hard-done-by , particularly if there is anyone around who looks like a soft touch!

{} :tup:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/daveg4otu/trigo.jpg[/img][/url]

normal smart casual stuff really but saying that dont really play in public much or do formal stuff - however my coach friend wears a waist jacket which i thought nice touch - so have been looking for a cheap charity shop one (as wont wear much) to try the look out

slightly off topic but adam reminded me
i went as william wallace to a fancy dress party = well all our team did - about 10 of us - went well - the theme was wild west believe it or not but it was someones good idea - someone even had a metal sword his dad made :ch

Daveg4otu said:
I havent yet reached the stage where I need to worry about dress....but thinking ahead to planned busking attempts in a while ,I think I should avoid looking affluent.

Perhaps not rags exactly....but charity shop stuff maybe?

Lets face it, at the moment Im pretty awful on the PA so Ill really have to look for the sympathy vote.

I will take my dog (seen below while I was practising) with me - he is always ready to look hard-done-by , particularly if there is anyone around who looks like a soft touch!

{} :tup:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/daveg4otu/trigo.jpg[/img][/url]

Dave, judging by the padding around this poor dogs right ear looks as though youre about to slice off the other with the paper trimmer?

GOM said:
Dave, judging by the padding around this poor dogs right ear looks as though youre about to slice off the other with the paper trimmer?
Dont worry, Ive just reported him to the RSPCA.

I hope that's not AC/DC at volume setting 11 being played through those phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back