• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

What is the accordion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaroslav9728

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Does anybody know what is the accordion, years of manufacturing and the model?

Why not call up the sellers and get the info straight from them??
First, I wanted to know some information from professionals in this forum. Perhaps, anybody could give some information about it.
If not, I will ask store representatives about this accordion for sure.

Last edited:
Looks like it’s from the 50s. You can search the forum by brand name to get an idea about their reputation. If it was something real special with handmade reeds the store would mention it in the advertisement. You said the store is a 20 minute bus trip. If they are letting people try instruments go there and try several accordions (even if they aren’t LMMH) so you have several reference points. Use a notepad to record what you like or dislike about each one. If you don’t fall in love with that one don’t buy it. A lot of times the salesman can make not buying difficult but just remember to say “I really appreciate the opportunity to try these but I just haven’t fallen in love with any of them” maybe give them some contact details if they get additional inventory.

I was talking with Pigini representatives, they answered that this model was producing in the 1950s. It seems that it has 60-70 years old. A bit struggling to trade in from one retire to another one :( :)
1641577223256.png:(:):)

Last edited:
I was talking with Pigini representatives, they answered that this model was producing in the 1950s. It seems that it has 60-70 years old. A bit struggling to trade in from one retire to another one :( :)
1641577223256.png:(:):)
Condition is the most important thing. I sometimes play accordions older than that, by the 1950s keyboards were getting pretty good. If you go to the store to try some accordions don’t go with a plan to buy on that trip but only to see if they have an instrument that you like. Leave the shop without buying anything and take a day or even longer to make a decision. It’s a lot of money to spend if it doesn’t suit you. If you don’t buy anything at least you have gained some experience with different instruments.

Condition is the most important thing. I sometimes play accordions older than that, by the 1950s keyboards were getting pretty good. If you go to the store to try some accordions don’t go with a plan to buy on that trip but only to see if they have an instrument that you like. Leave the shop without buying anything and take a day or even longer to make a decision. It’s a lot of money to spend if it doesn’t suit you. If you don’t buy anything at least you have gained some experience with different instruments.
I am planning to go for purchase, but I will do it with my friend-repairman or accordion player, or accordion teacher. To ensure that I pay money for proper service. I don't want to be cheated over again.

Last edited:
The price is one thing, but is this price rational according to condition of the instrument, it is the big question, where people should be careful and me too.

First, I wanted to know some information from professionals in this forum. Perhaps, anybody could give some information about it.
If not, I will ask store representatives about this accordion for sure.
They know what they have, just ask them. Even the "experts" here are not going to give you any more information than they can, and common sense is that by the time someone here responds, you could have called 20 times already and had the info you seek.

They know what they have, just ask them. Even the "experts" here are not going to give you any more information than they can, and common sense is that by the time someone here responds, you could have called 20 times already and had the info you seek.
Thank you for advice.

Please, dear Yaroslav, buy a $375 used accordion already and post us a sample, we're dying to hear you! You can always update to the perfect accordion later....
I will post my video performance after purchasing an accordion, and after proper learning. I already have some melodies which I would like to learn and show everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back