• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Weltmeister Caprice

Purcell

Reaction score
Bought this Weltmeister Caprice 120bass in the former DDR. Good intonation and all decals and insignia like new. It was very hard to find the maker and his store. I believe he had many handcrafting years experience. ANY THOUGHTS!

Bought this Weltmeister Caprice 120bass in the former DDR. Good intonation and all decals and insignia like new. It was very hard to find the maker and his store. I believe he had many handcrafting years experience. ANY THOUGHTS!
Caprice was already after the GDR had consolidated companies in Klingenthal into Harmonawerke VEB if I remember correctly. Pretty workable instrument I think. Possibly from before the time they used plastic reedblocks and plastic bass mechanics but I am not sure.

Caprice was already after the GDR had consolidated companies in Klingenthal into Harmonawerke VEB if I remember correctly. Pretty workable instrument I think. Possibly from before the time they used plastic reedblocks and plastic bass mechanics but I am not sure.
Thanks for knowledgable info! The reeds are all wood blocks.

Back