• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Victor's Doina

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is different for sure, has a haunting quality, notice how he bends those notes.

The humming, or whatever it is, fits the song perfectly. Haven't had the pleasure of hearing anyone bending notes while performing before. Now off to practice whistling ;)

not impressed , poor choice of clothes and so really dark and dingy :lol:

introduce him to marco :roll: :mrgreen: :idea:

I like it. A lot. Thank you.

It reminds me a little of Dancas Ocultas - a portuguese band of 4 melodeonists. They also use strange vocal effects over squeezebox.

Also, could you explain your tagline, Jedes Herz ist eine revolutionäre Zelle? Just curious...

I heard a song from Dancas Ocultas quite recently, have to admit I didn't investigate further because of their name :oops: I'll be sure to give them another chance.

The tagline is a militant leftist slogan from the 60s or 70s, and means roughly that the power to make a difference is within each and everyone of us. It just stuck with me when I was reading about the subject years back, it's beautifully put.

It does help Donn :tup:
E: You just never know about these folk bands. Now where's a suspicious emote when you need one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back