• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Victoria Accordions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbullock

Reaction score
After all the negativity in a recent thread, I wanted to share my experiences with Victoria.

I have purchased four accordions for my personal use directly from Victoria over the past few years, all shipped to Texas. They have had no quality issues or defects of any kind - cosmetically, mechanically and acoustically perfect.

I have found that Elke’s production schedule estimates are sometimes optimistic, but the Essence accordion I received from Victoria this spring (just before Covid) arrived six months early. My other accordions have arrived a few weeks later than estimated, but Elke has always been responsive in informing me of delays in production or shipping. I am in the technology business in the US, where delivery expectations are absolute and even a single day delay can be considered unsatisfactory delivery performance. When dealing with an Italian artisan company that manufactures labor intensive handmade products, I know the same performance standards cannot apply.

I would have no hesitation in dealing with them and encourage everyone to play one of their Poeta or Essence accordions to appreciate the playability and sound. The new Essence accordion is amazing in its ability to provide dynamics control and expressionism nuance.

Independently evaluate their products and form your own opinion about the company.

One of my accordion teachers in Belgium played Victoria accordions, and was very pleased with that high quality accordion !
He even ordered a Victoria bandoneon. I once heard him playing in a live recital with that bandoneon.

Victoria Accordions are top quality, every professional accordion teacher will tell you.

Edited by Admin

Last edited by a moderator:
I am yet another that has nothing but positive to say.
In fact my profile pic is my Poeta sitting on Elke's desk before I had them put mics in it.
I purchased it about 5 years ago with nothing but an email conversation with Elke, talk about a lot of faith wiring that kind of money based on an email. Within 3 weeks of the wire transfer it was on a 3 day plane trip to me in Utah without any issues.
It worked out well and I still love my Poeta.
Ben

It would be interesting if this post could include members' experiences of second hand/pre-owned Victoria accordions too as many of us would not be able to afford to buy new.

Good Idea !!
I'll start a post.

Used Victoria (Titano) accordions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back