• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Unfortunate name for an accordion

Pipemajor

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I came across an advert yesterday for a " Bugari Banger" accordion.
At first I thought it was a joke, or someone had an old beat up accordion they wanted to get rid of, but when I saw the price being asked for it I realised it was no joke.
Googled Bugari Banger and, sure enough a few examples came up.
Perhaps banger has a different meaning in Italy :unsure: .
Are there any other strange names for accordion brands?

Always better to do some marketing research before naming anything!
Many cars ended up with wrong names too. Much better to use numbers for models, and just stay away from 666 ?

Sometimes, the name is intentional, for example the Fender "Cabronita" guitar, which is an offensive word, yet very common slang word in the South-American countries and Latin-speaking communities, but in this case, it reflects the aspirations of the guitar to kick butts, as it means something like "little bitch"!

Last edited:
Quite apart from spelling mistakes such as a "queeze box" and "paino accordion"!

Wouldn't Cabronito be masculine? A quick search suggests the slang word would be cabroncito "Little billy goat!"

Quite apart from spelling mistakes such as a "queeze box" and "paino accordion"!

Wouldn't Cabronito be masculine? A quick search suggests the slang word would be cabroncito "Little billy goat!"
I lived in South America for years, for guys they use "cabrón" which is really offensive. Just put this word in Google Translate :ROFLMAO:

Here is a Three Chorus Cassotto Bugari banger Exclusive / An incredibly good game

Attachments

• IMG_2900.png
    IMG_2900.png
    528.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2870.jpeg
    IMG_2870.jpeg
    419 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2871.jpeg
    IMG_2871.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 10
Back