• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Tyros 3 Chromatic Button Keyboard

Steffen

Reaction score
I have a Tyros3 Chromatic for sale in Denmark where I live. Tyros with 120 basses and 88 buttons c system. all the accordion players who have inquired about my keyboard don't think they can get used to this concept. I played it for 7 years and it plays great both with automatic styles and manual play. I also have a Genos1 chromatic so I don't play Tyros that much anymore. Here in Denmark, it is apparently difficult to find a buyer for it.
Does anyone have any good advice on where I should put it up for sale here in Europe
Steffen Juul Jensen

IMG_1985.jpg

Well, C system would be Western Europe. Like Italy, Portugal, France, also Sweden and Switzerland (expect customs tariffs on it here). Other countries may be more mixed, or not have much CBA anyway. You can, of course, still try countries like Netherlands, Germany, Austria, but going further East probably does not make a lot of sense unless the keyboard can be comparatively easily changed to B system.

I have a Tyros3 Chromatic for sale in Denmark where I live. Tyros with 120 basses and 88 buttons c system. all the accordion players who have inquired about my keyboard don't think they can get used to this concept. I played it for 7 years and it plays great both with automatic styles and manual play. I also have a Genos1 chromatic so I don't play Tyros that much anymore. Here in Denmark, it is apparently difficult to find a buyer for it.
Does anyone have any good advice on where I should put it up for sale here in Europe
Steffen Juul Jensen

IMG_1985.jpg
hi i am nigel ( bierkeller ) in the uk i am interested in this what price are you lookin for.
regards
nigel

Seen them several times used in Italy, Switzerland and Germany...... the players are normally accordionist ,that do a lot of gigging in restaurants and dance venues , normally as one man band players .they say they have to play such a wide range of music and styles/dances to entertain their audiences .. The ones I've seen performing can certainly do that !!!
The Audiences are not the type who have just come to hear a traditional accordion being played !! That type of Keyboard with the very good Yamaha styles and sounds can do just about everything .............

PS musictech in Italy also supply the chromatic type keyboard bed to fit most keyboards

Last edited:
Seen them several times used in Italy, Switzerland and Germany...... the players are normally accordionist ,that do a lot of gigging in restaurants and dance venues , normally as one man band players .they say they have to play such a wide range of music and styles/dances to entertain their audiences .. The ones I've seen performing can certainly do that !!!
The Audiences are not the type who have just come to hear a traditional accordion being played !!
It's normal arranger play, typical for solo entertainers. Nobody recognizes the peculiar buttons anyway; you pass as a keyboardist. An accordion is defined by its position and bellows, and more often than not piano keys. Accordion keyboard arrangers have existed at least since the 90s I think. They are for the convenience of the (often CBA) players. They are not what an AI would draw up when thinking of an accordion. With regard to audience expectations, they are "mostly harmless". Essentially you are free to pick your patches and rhythms, and nobody would bat an eye when hearing synth sounds and disco.

Sometimes it may be more liberating when the accordionist can stay in the closet.

It's normal arranger play, typical for solo entertainers. Nobody recognizes the peculiar buttons anyway; you pass as a keyboardist. An accordion is defined by its position and bellows, and more often than not piano keys. Accordion keyboard arrangers have existed at least since the 90s I think. They are for the convenience of the (often CBA) players. They are not what an AI would draw up when thinking of an accordion. With regard to audience expectations, they are "mostly harmless". Essentially you are free to pick your patches and rhythms, and nobody would bat an eye when hearing synth sounds and disco.

Sometimes it may be more liberating when the accordionist can stay in the closet.
Well said............it's a pity a closest can be a cold dark and lonely places

Last edited:
Steffen Juul Jensen

IMG_1985.jpg
Curious… is this velocity sensitive?
I bought a dedicated midi controller for CBA a few years ago and it was the biggest mistake of my instrument purchasing life. Can’t even give it away.
If I had it to do over I’d just get a Roland midi accordion and set it to bellowless mode on a table.
Live and learn.

I bought a dedicated midi controller for CBA a few years ago and it was the biggest mistake of my instrument purchasing life. Can’t even give it away.
If I had it to do over I’d just get a Roland midi accordion and set it to bellowless mode on a table.
Huh. I have an MS80 CBA arranger and it works pretty ok (velocity sensitivity on CBA does not make a lot of sense to me but that does not qualify as a "mistake" regarding the total package). I'll admit that for note entry I tend to use an FR-1b on the table because it is more compact.

Huh. I have an MS80 CBA arranger and it works pretty ok (velocity sensitivity on CBA does not make a lot of sense to me but that does not qualify as a "mistake" regarding the total package). I'll admit that for note entry I tend to use an FR-1b on the table because it is more compact.
oh, not saying there aren’t good controllers. Just at the one I got sucked.

Back