• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Turbosounds app for IPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I recently acquired an old IPad 2 and an Irig MIDI for the 30 pin IPad. I just downloaded the Turbosounds app developed by Reinhard Rieder, and I am very impressed. The app is free, and comes with three starter instruments: a baritone, guitar, and bass. There are many more instruments available for in-app purchase and I bought the drum set for $44 US, so that I could add percussion sounds to my FR7. I really like this feature available on the later Roland models and the Turbosounds app does an amazing job. The individual instruments can be combined any way you want and assigned to whatever MIDI channel you like. Each instrument can be adjusted for volume, reverb, and pan. The sounds are excellent quality and are bellows-sensitive. I am excited to use this setup for performance, since the IPad is much more compact than the standalone modules I have been using. This app is definitely tailored for those of us who favor the Oberkrainer and Egerlander styles. These sounds work great with my German and Czech music.
This app works with IOS 9 and later, and can be used with a variety of MIDI to Ipad interfaces. Are there any other Turbosounds users on the forum? If you are interested, search for "Turboreini". I would love to hear how other accordionists are using this app. I think it may not be as well-known in the English-speaking world.

I am a Roland 8X user, and as mentioned, it has something like 17 different drum sets integrated in it... even after a couple years playing with it, I am sure that I have not touched 50% of what the accordion can do. The iPad, however, is an amazing tool for many different uses and this app sounds quite nice, but I think that I am going to still focus on learning what I have before adding anything. :)

Hi, I'm thinking of getting this to use with my excelsior 72b midivox - although I'm still quite clueless as to how to set it up as I have'nt used an expander before. Will it change sound programs or "scenes" from the screen? And can it be used to load sound fonts? Also how are the drums going? unfortunately I can't understand a word of the instructionals as I don't speak any german - so anything you can let me know about it would help,
cheers
arthur

If you have Chrome on your i-pad, the translate app allows you to position the camera on the text and it gives an instant translation (of sorts!!)

There are so many ways to do this kind of accompaniment. I just created a backing track in Band In A Box that I can use with a klezmer tune. I’ve also used One Man Band. When it comes to modules, assuming you want to carry them, there’s everything from rhe Roland BK-7m to the Ketrin Audya 4 and SD 90. I know people who show up at a restaurant gig with nothing but an FR-4x and still sound like a combo.

I recently acquired an old IPad 2 and an Irig MIDI for the 30 pin IPad. I just downloaded the Turbosounds app developed by Reinhard Rieder, and I am very impressed. The app is free, and comes with three starter instruments: a baritone, guitar, and bass. There are many more instruments available for in-app purchase and I bought the drum set for $44 US, so that I could add percussion sounds to my FR7. I really like this feature available on the later Roland models and the Turbosounds app does an amazing job. The individual instruments can be combined any way you want and assigned to whatever MIDI channel you like. Each instrument can be adjusted for volume, reverb, and pan. The sounds are excellent quality and are bellows-sensitive. I am excited to use this setup for performance, since the IPad is much more compact than the standalone modules I have been using. This app is definitely tailored for those of us who favor the Oberkrainer and Egerlander styles. These sounds work great with my German and Czech music.
This app works with IOS 9 and later, and can be used with a variety of MIDI to Ipad interfaces. Are there any other Turbosounds users on the forum? If you are interested, search for "Turboreini". I would love to hear how other accordionists are using this app. I think it may not be as well-known in the English-speaking world.
Is this app Bluetooth LE connection available on this app? If so, would Wid master on action be able to connect? Thanks for the information...

i just downloaded the app and it does accept Midi Bluetooth. Those with Widi Master plugged in accordion midi out, try it out! Wireless connect to app...

I'm still trying to get my head around whether I can add extra instruments to it not just the factory ones - some of the documentation on the app store seems to say it can work with audio units and custom sound fonts but after having translated much of the documentation on the site I can't see anything about implementing this.....?

I got in touch with reini about this and he kindly sent me this info back (roughly translated)- thought it would be good for anyone else wanting to work with modules on the ipad....
Hello Arthur,

To 1:
No, Turbo sounds cannot play external instruments, only their own.

To 2:
He can do that with the Turbosounds app. Switch on test instruments and then set up a session accordingly:
1 = accordion
2 = guitar
2 = hi hat
3 = electric bass
3 = base drum

This video shows how it works:

But you can also use GarageBand or AUM and assign any external instruments to your MIDI tracks there.
In any case, it is important to have a basic understanding of the MIDI channels, i.e. that your accordion is broadcasting on channels 1-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back