• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Try this guy: Gorni Kramer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo40

Been here for ages!
Reaction score
Check out this guy, Gorni Kramer, a “king of swing”! :)
He was doing it before the gypsies heard of the term, although this number is a tango, and as smooth as butter! ;)

Great, thanks!

That was nice.  After Gorni Kramer, You Tube picked this next selection.  I would like to know the name of the first tune.  It seems there is about a one minute intro.  Heres the link:

John M.

He played an unusual bass arrangement with the bass buttons mounted on the left hand side of the accordion case. Wolmer Beltrami used a similar accordion for a while.
If you look at the size of those treble buttons youll realise why he keeps his right thumb on the side of the keyboard. Guys like that made me want to play the accordion when I was still young enough to have been able to make something of it. 
However, here in Scotland the accordion is principally regarded as an instrument for playing traditional music, and I doubt whether there will have been more than a handful of Scottish swing or jazz accordionists over the years. Its just not really the done thing here, and youd really need to know the culture to have any chance of understanding the issue. 
Thanks for the post. Brilliant!

John M pid=63548 dateline=1548425844 said:
That was nice.  After Gorni Kramer, You Tube picked this next selection.  I would like to know the name of the first tune.  It seems there is about a one minute intro.  Heres the link:

John M.

John,

Unfortunately cannot ID the tune, but the player is Gianni Coscia, the Italian jazz player.

Another lesser known maestro in these days of Galliano etc, and proves you dont need a mega box for jazz. 

If I get the tune identified Ill post the name of it.

Both great.... Thanks... Keep this sort of thing coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back