• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Tipo a Mano reeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How hard are reeds like binci and the likes to set up and tune. From what I understand they have tighter tolerances. Sometime next year id love to buy a single voice Bugari Nano CBA and upgrade the reeds for giggles, at least just the treble off I get the 60 bass model but definitely if I get the free bass model. I'll probably do a couple more small hohner restorations and my 120 bass Camerano before then, to get better.

You can just order the accordion with better reeds already installed. It's less expensive than first getting the instrument made with cheap reed and then replacing the reeds by better ones. As long as the reeds you ask for have the same size as the ones normally used in the accordion model you buy they can put the reeds in. And if they are not the same size you would have just as hard a job as they would because the reed plates won't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back