• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Tiger Alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OuijaBoard

Reaction score
Heads-Up, Hepkatz!

Theres a swell red Tiger 41/120 newly landed on Reverb. Get it while its hot, it wont be there a week from now---I have no connection.  Its just, given the Tiger Love on this Board (very understandable), one must spread the word.   Im looking for a red 36/72 Tiger in top condition, or this one would be gone right now:

https://reverb.com/item/23594006-titano-...-funky-red

If going by keywords on the reverb.com site rather than through the link, the keywords would be, Titano accordion. The word Tiger does not appear in the listing and it does not seem to be on the accordion either. But that is what this baby is.

Looks like the seller found an old video from Liberty Bellows with a completely different Tiger than the pictures they submitted. Doesn’t give me a lot of confidence. Also, I know what I paid for mine and this seems quite overpriced, although I really haven’t priced a 41/120.
The listing says 1980-1990. Everything I’ve read says the Tigers were discontinued in 1967-68. Of course, all of this could be innocent and just seller ignorance.
Check out the video. It gives you a short example of what the quint-tuned reeds sound like.

Just generally speaking things on Reverb are priced over market value. The Liberty Bellows video does show off the quint tuning... very unique and not unpleasant! :)

Yes, I saw the video was a different instrument. Its not even the same model, the demo is a 36/72. But I dont think it necessarily means anything negative about this one. Lots of listings dont even have a demo, this seller is just grabbing one for free. The unease would be, they did not state that straight out.

But Ive seen that business a lot on reverb selling instruments. Though it would be preferable to be able to eyeball the thing, I dont think theyre too fly-by-night.

Price: If this example is honestly in excellent condition, that does seem to be around current rate unless you luck into one in somebodys garage somewhere. If you go on youtube and peruse the numerous LB tiger demos, the prices are not cheap, and those ;istings are several years old and involve instruments that have visibly had workouts.

I posted within the past year or so about another 41/120 red Tiger that spent about a week on reverb billed as mint mint mint, and I believe it was around this price---here is the prior listing from 8 months ago. Wonder if it is the same instrument:

https://reverb.com/item/15923432-titano-tiger-piano-accordion-combo-cordion-1964-bright-red

JerryPH said:
Just generally speaking things on Reverb are priced over market value.  The Liberty Bellows video does show off the quint tuning... very unique and not unpleasant! :)

Well, I don’t have a Tiger, but my ancient Scandalli ( still in working order) M156/13, 41/120, LMMM, has ”quint “ tuning and I purchased it (used) because I liked the sound!  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back