• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

The Veleta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart26

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere for a COMPLETE copy of this waltz as played by the late, great Sir Jimmy Shand.
Can anyone help or point me in the right direction ?
Many thanks,
Stuart

Stuart,

Thought Id found it for you on eBay but never realised that a Veleta was a generic name for a waltz style, and the one I found never matched the tune. Ill keep trying.

Never heard of a veleta before. Never knew they made scooters!

EDIT:- There appears to be various sheet music regarding a tune named The Veleta, and I dont really know which one is which. It also appears in The Netherlands as De Veleta

Try this one on amazon and see if it looks like the one youre trying to find:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Veleta-Original-Arthur-Classical-Popular/dp/B00IE6KVZ6

Unfortunately I dont know much about Jimmy Shand, and am not familiar with his repertoire.

That same sheet music is also listed twice on eBay. One very rough looking, and the other one a bit pricey.

Try here?
https://thesession.org/tunes/11925
And a nice reminder of something Id forgotten all about - Old Time Dance classes at school: authorised girl holding to prepare for the Leavers Do (The Valedictory Dance)
And then there was the Gay Gordons, The St Bernard Waltz - any more?
(Googling Veleta Waltz gives loads of sheet music images - the first one is I think the same tune; from memory.

Thanks for all the replies. Naturally I have checked with Google. However all copies there and on the Session do not include the complete score.

Phil, you score looks complete - I will check it out.

I did not make it clear. I am looking for the complete score, ideally with chords.

Cheers
Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back