• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

The Queen's Gambit Main Theme - cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great. Nice idea to “accordionist” modern TV music. I particularly like the bellows shakes at the end.

Hello there!
I've made an accordion cover of the main theme of this perfect miniseries just to cheer myself up a bit during the lock down.. and I would like to share it with other accordionists! Have a nice day! :)

Very nice! Thank you!

...and is that a Paolo Soprani Mogherini you are playing? It is the first one I have seen. I like it

I can't wait till she takes on The Durrells themes..... ?

Very nice! Thank you!

...and is that a Paolo Soprani Mogherini you are playing? It is the first one I have seen. I like it
It is a fabulous performance, great to see such talented newcomers on this forum.
The accordion says "Scandalli" so definitely not a "Paolo Soprani", but it's hard to keep track of which identical accordions are being made by factories, perhaps the same factory, none of which are actually named "Scandalli" or "Paolo Soprani". The legendary names live on but the old factories are all gone. (The new factories are also very good nonetheless, so worthy of labeling their instruments with the old names.)

It is a fabulous performance, great to see such talented newcomers on this forum.
The accordion says "Scandalli" so definitely not a "Paolo Soprani", but it's hard to keep track of which identical accordions are being made by factories, perhaps the same factory, none of which are actually named "Scandalli" or "Paolo Soprani". The legendary names live on but the old factories are all gone. (The new factories are also very good nonetheless, so worthy of labeling their instruments with the old names.)
Of course! It is right in front of me! My apologies for my failure to notice the obvious. ...I had been studying the most recent Paolo Soprani (Pasco Italia) catalogue; the blackout-frontal area and the red badging between the two are ( lmy marginal screen resolution and eyesight notwithstanding!) quite similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back