• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

The Accordion Forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been involved in several and have never seen that happen - neither what happened to accordion forum, nor the collective charter idea. The slightly more likely catastrophic event is some kind of upgrade or host migration or something that goes sour and unexpectedly can't be rolled back without massive data loss. I don't think I've ever seen it, really, but I've seen it come really close. (The problem with data backups is that normally you never use them, so you don't know they're non-functional until it's too late.)

I hope folks who were attached to accordion forum will feel welcome here, whether it's really gone for good or not.

nathen said:
Lets make sure this forums creed is definitely stated.

Nathen

The “Accordion Forum” sounded like in inclusive title to me, suggesting all styles welcome, and there was an issue with the “creed” not showing in my browser (+ button).

I think that the home page should have had a much bolder description of it’s aims and target members. Anyway, it’s all done now, but there was am oppressive feel to the place which I’m happy to say does exist here.

BobM.

"NOT" Bob,,,,,,"does NOT exist here" :roll: :mrgreen: :tup:

Quite a few of us on here made quite a contribution on input to that forum and have, on this thread, expressed regret in that it had to fold.
I dont see much, if any, negativity here; rather how we can learn from the unfortunate demise of the AF. Except for a troll like comment from someone who has just signed on, and clearly, with an alternate agenda, I dont see much negativity, more a desire to understand what caused the closure.
'Picking over the bones..'? It was a forum - not someones grandad.

roland said:
Perhaps someone will do the decent thing and lock this thread before consigning it to the bin...

I dont know, I think to start with, the decent thing would have been to steer clear of verbiage like raise their ugly heads. What I saw was a fair amount of honest misunderstandings. I cant see why we would need to debate that now, but if people are carrying over the kind of sour attitude with them thats shown up in a couple posts (not just the one I quoted), this is a good time to lose it. Al ran his own show over there, and did it the way he wanted to, including closing it down. In hindsight, he might have done different, and/or the rest of us might have done different, and this is our chance to start off with the benefit of that hindsight.

To be fair, yes, I would prefer not to see members using insulting language about each other. No need.

I have deleted some posts from this thread as they were inappropriate. The thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back