• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Teaching&Learning experience shearing (from Romania)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gabonez

by Soulsaver » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:23 pm

"And best wishes with the lessons.
We're always interested in the lessons format (well I am at least..) - what books/pieces, what you're asked to do, how often you go how long per lesson etc. EVERYTHING! :) Will you let us know...please."

Hello!

At Soulsaver request I am happy to share with you my beginning experience in accordion lessons. So, here are the details after my first lesson:

-I learn with a professional teacher (I consider he is a good one)
-we will meet twice per week and we plaied 1 hour and a half at first lesson
-the book material we start with is "Methode complete d'accordeon" by Lucien and Richard Galliano
-I pay $20 per lesson (is not less if you consider that the average salary in RO is around $600 - but it's worth it)

I will let you know more in time if you are interested.

Regards,
Gabriel

Hi Gabriel Thanks for posting.

Twice per week is a lot? Most people only do weekly or even less; maybe it's only at the start?

Did you say you are starting from complete beginner - no instrument experience? Never read music?

Has he set a piece for you to try? What tune are you starting on? Don't be embarrassed if its a child's piece, that's a common starting point.

Soulsaver said:
Hi Gabriel Thanks for posting.

Twice per week is a lot? Most people only do weekly or even less; maybe its only at the start?

Did you say you are starting from complete beginner - no instrument experience? Never read music?

Has he set a piece for you to try? What tune are you starting on? Dont be embarrassed if its a childs piece, thats a common starting point.

Hello again!

Yes, only for the start and we didnt succeed twice yet;

I am a complete beginner. Never imagine that I can reed music;

No piece yet but a lot of exercises for both hands from Akkordeon Workshop 1 by Martina Schumeckers; I learned by myself some easy melodies but I will wait to understand what I am doing first.

I am going to use a metronome because I am tainted to speed up.

Gabonez,

I started off with weekly lessons, but reduced them to monthly after about six weeks. Now I go only to tidy up my playing a little.

There is no substitute for practice. Once you have the beginning of a repertoire, adding to it becomes easier with practice and diligence.

Perhaps you could set yourself a goal. I try to learn one new tune every two weeks (one week for very simple tunes). You would be amazed at how quickly your repertoire and your confidence grows.

Good luck with all your endeavours.

Stephen.

Romanian accordion players are very good, I like how they play these fast ornaments :)

It is common in Estonia too to have one lesson per week if one studies with private teacher. In music school there is two instrument lessons and two solfege lessons weekly so total four lessons per week. After two first grades some other theory lessons are added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back