• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Tape for inside of bellows

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentaprism

Site Supporter
Reaction score
What tape can I use to patch bellows pin-holes? I see bellows tape but I think it is used for outside of bellows. The leaks are very small, and at the inner creases so the tape will have to be applied inside of bellows.

Thanks.

Have a look here - it doesnt use tape but recommends light cardbaord folded to the profile of the bellows fold and glued in place...
http://1accordion.net/bellows.htm
Cereal box cardbard Ive used on one project and found it worked well.

If your leaks are from the leather (kidskin) corners you can obtain leather diamonds (gussets) and glue them to the inside of the corners for repair. If your leaks are from the inside cardboard folds you can apply bellows tape to the inside folds in the same manner as the exterior tape is applied. JIM D.

I'm a bit surprised that Acccordion revival didn't have a piece on this... at least as far as I could see?

George is now completing a chapter 4 that will cover this and other problems. JIM D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back