• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Stradella bass cv button

mtj

Reaction score
I have a great Musette book I just bought from Germany (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Musette-me...usic-Book-for-accordion-VHR-1778/171081680696).

It lists both the note and the chord and in one case it has the notes listed as (starting at the bottom) E♭, A, C and the chord is specified as cv. Interestingly bass notes are upper case and chords are lower case.

From wikipedia the last column are fully diminished 7ths and those notes constitute those are the C diminished 7th, so I would think it would be cd, cd7, cdim, cdim7... Why v?

My German is only at the level of ordering beer and bratwurst, but I'd hazard a guess it's v for vermindert which is 'reduced' or 'diminished' :)

My German is only at the level of ordering beer and bratwurst, but I'd hazard a guess it's v for vermindert which is 'reduced' or 'diminished' :)
Why would you order diminished beer or reduced bratwurst?

Why would you order diminished beer or reduced bratwurst?

It goes without saying I shall not be attempting any German translation now you're about the forum!

I do love German food though. There's not a German restaurant within 100 miles of us here, so before Brexit and covid we used to take our holidays either in the Schartzwald or over the border inTirol.

Back