• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Spanish classical on accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just listened a few times to Jelena Milojevic playing some Spanish classical on accordion.
Slightly strange setting in an orchard (and you have to suffer her babbling into) but the music is very nice.
Annoyingly, Ive played this on the piano but for the life of me now cant remember the name of the piece or the composer.
I think it is Enrique Granados but Im not sure.
Need to hunt through my music when I get home, which is a good excuse to give it a tidy up :tup:

not such a strange setting bearing in mind some go out to deserted streets at midnight ;)

Lovely playing ....but as with a lot of these players there is all the slightly pretentious looking, performance face and exaggerated head gestures which I am afraid put me right off the vids.....sorry it is my peccadillo ,my problem and my particular personal pet peeve ( I do however like alliteration :tup: )so I will download and convert it to mp3 then I don't have to watch............ :oops: :tup: .

Yes ,I know ....I hear it ....they are in the moment....they are in rapture....they are expressing....it is just me, and others possibly...............but then when I look at my latest videos ....(I video practice and watch it at the same time to try and get an observed effect feel)...the slack jawed,open mouthed, eye rolling , gurning , head shaking and occasional swearing profusely :hb person I see cannot be me...surely ?.......

I may post one of these vids....not for the musicality , more than the fun....but the moderators may have to be a bit tolerant :b

jarvo said:
I may post one of these vids....not for the musicality , more than the fun....but the moderators may have to be a bit tolerant :b
You can always strip out the sound track :twisted:

I usually open YouTube in a separate tab and then go back to reading the forum, rather than watching the 'performance'.

Anyanka said:
I usually open YouTube in a separate tab and then go back to reading the forum, rather than watching the 'performance'.

Excellent idea.......not just me then?! :(

The first piece is Granados Spanish Dance No.5 (Andaluza)
Lovely piece of music

Reedwarbler said:
The first piece is Granados Spanish Dance No.5 (Andaluza)
Lovely piece of music
Great thanks.
Still didnt get to clear my music cupboard but now I know what to look for.
It sounds good on the piano too.

Lovely playing ....but as with a lot of these players there is all the slightly pretentious looking, performance face and exaggerated head gestures which I am afraid put me right off the vids.....sorry it is my peccadillo ,my problem and my particular personal pet peeve ( I do however like alliteration :tup: )so I will download and convert it to mp3 then I don't have to watch............ :oops: :tup: .

Yes ,I know ....I hear it ....they are in the moment....they are in rapture....they are expressing....it is just me, and others possibly...............but then when I look at my latest videos ....(I video practice and watch it at the same time to try and get an observed effect feel)...the slack jawed,open mouthed, eye rolling , gurning , head shaking and occasional swearing profusely :hb person I see cannot be me...surely ?.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back