• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Sources for Classical Accordion Music

Mike K

Reaction score
I am trying to relearn some classical songs I played in my youth, such as Magnante's version of Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto in B flat Minor. Any recommendations on where to find advanced but not SUPER difficult songs writting specifically for accordion?

"Advanced but not super difficult, specifically for accordion", puts me in mind of Frosini's 3 rhapsodies (as well as the more interesting of his solo pop pieces.) He is out of copyright in Europe now so they are all freely downloadable from the Frosini Society.

"Advanced but not super difficult, specifically for accordion", puts me in mind of Frosini's 3 rhapsodies (as well as the more interesting of his solo pop pieces.) He is out of copyright in Europe now so they are all freely downloadable from the Frosini Society.
Just looked at the Frosini Society site.......to access the free sheet music, or any of the benefits, requires membership.....10€ for 2 months/50 for the year. Doesn't seem a huge amount.

Mike K, (Accordion-scores.com) has a lot of Magnante arrangements. Honestly I ran out of time look for your sheet, but there were many, many more to look thru. I have been subscribing for 8 years. They have about 60,000 scores on line and you can download whatever you want, as many times as you want. Cost is 25 Euro annually and is well worth the money.

Mike K, (Accordion-scores.com) has a lot of Magnante arrangements. Honestly I ran out of time look for your sheet, but there were many, many more to look thru. I have been subscribing for 8 years. They have about 60,000 scores on line and you can download whatever you want, as many times as you want. Cost is 25 Euro annually and is well worth the money.
I sometimes worry about some of these type sites. Heard so many complaints that you cannot easily cancel. I hope this has a better reputation, if so I might give it a try. The only one I have belonged to is Arrigo Tomasi's which is quite different. Also there you only join for a short period of time then have to renew. Excellent site.

O.Pagani used to be a publisher with this type of music. Wonder if anyone has their rights. I also used to play in accordion symphony, no idea where to get that type of music, although I never could find enough accordion players to play it again. We played some fantastic music. Would love to play Finlandia or New World Symphony again with a group.

I have several thousands of sheets of accordion music including manuals, photos etc etc. and likely have multiple copies of most of Magnante's and Deiro's works and many of Frosini's as well and many others. Have old-timer pioneers like Deiro,, Sedlon, Magnante, Gaviani, Biviano, Palmer-Hughes etc manuals. Other lesser known artists like Leon Sachs too.
In the 40's- 60's accordion studios in the Ontario area were involved in many competitions (especially Kiwanis) and concerts and the selections were for that purpose and of course multiple copies were sold to students. And of course we also had accordion bands competing at several age levels.. by the way, still have some of that music too.. To give you some idea of popularity, one school in Hamilton had over 300 students of all ages!!
If you check previous threads, you'll read some of my background, including having a brief unofficial stint with my idol Magnante.
Also performed with other Excelsior artists including Carrozza, Desiderio - both students of Deiro incidentally and Eugene Ettore..
Played Magnante's arrangement of Mendellsohn's Andante and Rondo Capriccioso to win the Canadian championship back in '54.. Yes--70 years ago this June.. Also Frosini's D minor for the '52 championship. Charlie Nunzio was adjudicator.
Music was saved from the 2 largest studios in the Hamilton/Toronto area when they went dark...
Retired of course.. Not in the business but willing to send the original copies for postage and whatever you think may be fair.
(Am also a Rotarian...just to reinforce credibility...)
Located near Cobourg Ontario.

Just looked at the Frosini Society site.......to access the free sheet music, or any of the benefits, requires membership.....10€ for 2 months/50 for the year. Doesn't seem a huge amount.

They have additional paywalled sheet music by other composers, but Frosini is free:

Some of the scans are poor enough that I've had to re-typeset them to make them easy to read and print.

I don't think your mystery piece is by Frosini - but you'll certainly have lots of fun looking for it and get new ideas for music to try.

I am trying to relearn some classical songs I played in my youth, such as Magnante's version of Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto in B flat Minor. Any recommendations on where to find advanced but not SUPER difficult songs writting specifically for accordion?

Accordion scores has already been mentioned, perhaps you’ll find something interesting at free-scores.com or sheetmusic-free.com, the former supports instrument selection, i.e. accordion but it might be worth adding piano solo as well. Good luck Mike!

There’s imslp.org too, the most comprehensive classical score list I’ve seen, no wonder my clarinet teacher recommended it!

Back