• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Sonola r342 white mother of pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfield

Reaction score
Hello I have found in the attic where I work a mother of pearl white sonola r342 accordian, In it’s case, looks good condition! Can anyone tell me how much it’s worth please? Thank you

Please supply a few photographs if you want any meaningful answer.

Wingfield,
See what they're asking for them on the web??
For example, they're asking US$550 for this one:

Last edited:
Wingfield,
See what they're asking for them on the web??
For example, they're asking US$550 for this one:
I like how the ad just casually mentions that the photos and audio provided are not from the actual accordion being sold.

Immediately this rings alarm bells!
Yes, that and the nonsense about being “EXTREMELY RARE” possibly the “only one.” …Inexperienced buyers can easily be led to fantasize that old accordions are like antique violins, and that they could be in possession of a priceless Stradivari.

An accordion kept in an attic, even in its case, might easily have been subjected to extremes in temperature. I’d be very careful on this one.
It's dangerous to even consider purchasing a 62 year old accordion sight unseen. Catch phrases like one of a kind and vintage mean nothing. If the seller was able to accurately describe the condition and the build there might be some merit. Cannot return speaks loudly and it tells me to disregard this accordion. Based on the photos it would appear that this is a "curbside dealer " who purchases older accordions and re-sells them. How useful are these old pick up microphones?
Be very very careful with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back