• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

songs in chord progressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

accordian

hello im looking for some songs that all follow the same chord progression im looking for this because I like to learn new stuff,doesn't annoy everyone and I'm looking for songs that follow some of the chord progressions I already use as then i can keep practising on the bass but again without annoying everyone.

i've looked on google however all im finding is either "4 chords 80 songs", "d minor chord" or the short list on wikipedia which so far seems to be the best bet however the songs noted there seem a bit confusing that they dont say what key the song is in and then when trying to find out getting mixed results.

im looking for some pop type songs with fun chorus's

thanks.

Well, the goto manner for learning guitar when I was a kid was to buy yourself a "Beatles Complete" and then learn stuff in the manner/order you managed. Actually quite a bit of diversity as well as quite a bit of recurrent chord material.

Those basically were melody plus chord names and diagrams (basically what is called "lead sheets"). It turned out that chords were not always what the original was and "Complete" was actually a total misnomer, but it got you along quite a bit for a limited amount of money.

Geronimo post_id=59630 time=1527770801 user_id=2623 said:
Well, the goto manner for learning guitar when I was a kid was to buy yourself a Beatles Complete and then learn stuff in the manner/order you managed. Actually quite a bit of diversity as well as quite a bit of recurrent chord material.

Those basically were melody plus chord names and diagrams (basically what is called lead sheets). It turned out that chords were not always what the original was and Complete was actually a total misnomer, but it got you along quite a bit for a limited amount of money.

ah right ok.

so what should I search in on google piano sheet music book or is that too vague?

thanks

accordian post_id=59631 time=1527773401 user_id=2458 said:
Well, the goto manner for learning guitar when I was a kid was to buy yourself a Beatles Complete and then learn stuff in the manner/order you managed. Actually quite a bit of diversity as well as quite a bit of recurrent chord material.

Those basically were melody plus chord names and diagrams (basically what is called lead sheets). It turned out that chords were not always what the original was and Complete was actually a total misnomer, but it got you along quite a bit for a limited amount of money.

ah right ok.

so what should I search in on google piano sheet music book or is that too vague?
Piano sheet music will be very much worthless until you have progressed to playing converter accordion and/or distilling your own melody/chord arrangements. Beatles Complete would have been for guitar and/or keyboard and I was talking about buy rather than google. Note that these days a shitload of sheet music (including books) is available on Ebay/Craigslist in used form and thus probably cheaper than the printer toner and paper youd need for printing them out yourself. I was throwing out Beatles here since they are pop (and thus often available as guitar/keyboard/lead sheet), tend to get along with reasonably simple chords while covering a lot of ground and the Complete tomes end up quite more expansive than a lot of anthologies. Of course youll also find Beatles arranged for accordion but then the deal will contain quite more complicated arrangements and be about a dozen songs per booklet rather than hundreds.

Of course there are also diverse songbooks of popular music you can work with. It depends on what you intend to end up doing/playing. What to you intend to end up doing/playing?

I'd just like to point out that the Beatles used a lot more chords, and more complicated chords, than most other bands....
there are books of mixed songs that will be easier than that. Try the Buskers Songbook.

there are lots of songs easier, but does the audience know them? :mrgreen:

jozz post_id=59638 time=1527779693 user_id=2600 said:
You are old, Father Williams... Nowadays the young people have not heard of the Beatles. And if they heard With a little help from my friends these days, theyd probably not even misattribute it to Joe Cocker any more but to, uh, Shakira? Probably also no longer what the young people hear. Two Cents? You can probably see that I am struggling.

Geronimo post_id=59632 time=1527774590 user_id=2623 said:
accordian post_id=59631 time=1527773401 user_id=2458 said:

ah right ok.

Piano sheet music will be very much worthless until you have progressed to playing converter accordion and/or distilling your own melody/chord arrangements. Beatles Complete would have been for guitar and/or keyboard and I was talking about buy rather than google. Note that these days a shitload of sheet music (including books) is available on Ebay/Craigslist in used form and thus probably cheaper than the printer toner and paper youd need for printing them out yourself. I was throwing out Beatles here since they are pop (and thus often available as guitar/keyboard/lead sheet), tend to get along with reasonably simple chords while covering a lot of ground and the Complete tomes end up quite more expansive than a lot of anthologies. Of course youll also find Beatles arranged for accordion but then the deal will contain quite more complicated arrangements and be about a dozen songs per booklet rather than hundreds.

Of course there are also diverse songbooks of popular music you can work with. It depends on what you intend to end up doing/playing. What to you intend to end up doing/playing?

I want to end up in a state where I can play alot of different types of music one of them being pop music and I hear that many songs use chord progressions so then I would be practising the same key songs and same chord progressions then would get better at it as i would be constantly practising the same progression.

but hmm where do I want to end up? not 100% sure just in a spot where for the most of it I can just pick up the accordion and start playing I know that it will take alot of practice but i gotta start somewhere.

Geronimo post_id=59639 time=1527780291 user_id=2623 said:
jozz post_id=59638 time=1527779693 user_id=2600 said:
You are old, Father Williams... Nowadays the young people have not heard of the Beatles. And if they heard With a little help from my friends these days, theyd probably not even misattribute it to Joe Cocker any more but to, uh, Shakira? Probably also no longer what the young people hear. Two Cents? You can probably see that I am struggling.

lol I think its fair to say that the beatles wont be forgotten anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back