• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Sonar .INS file for FR8x

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WestCoastFR8x

Has anybody created an instrument definition file for their FR8x? This is a file with a .INS extension that lets you use "friendly" names to send patch changes to an instrument. Roland very kindly supplied one for the BK7m, but i can't find one for the FR8x. Sonar has a utility built in that lets me create one, but i'm quite lazy and don't feel like re-inventing the wheel if somebody has already done it. I don't want to type in all the patches from the manual!

It's basically a text file that looks like this (this is from my BK7m .ins file)

[BK-7m Bank(3,4)]
16=Ful Organ 2 - Organ
17=Jazz Organ 2 - Organ
27=OpenHard 2 - E.Guitar - Bass
29=More Drive - E.Guitar - Bass
30=Distort Gt1 - E.Guitar - Bass
33=Jazz Bass 2 - E.Guitar - Bass
34=Picked Bass4 - E.Guitar - Bass
35=Fretless Bs4 - E.Guitar - Bass
38=JP-4 Bass - E.Guitar - Bass
39=Seq Bass 1 - E.Guitar - Bass

so to select a sound from the above, i would send a bank select message of 3 and 4, then a patch of 17 ... to get the Jazz Organ

And if nobody has, i guess i will create one and post it somewhere...through the years, i've found that if i need something, then somebody else does too!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back