• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Solved: Has anyone ever got "sustain" CC64 to work on either the FR8 or 4?

joden

Reaction score
Tried a couple of MIDI pedals a Boss EV-1-WL BT-Lte and MIDI pedal (with a CC pedal connected) used successfully with iOS and tested on the PC using MIDI-Ox. It IS transmitting the message.

Tried a Roland FC-300 with a pedal set to correct parameters and channel for Orchestra (ch4) nothing again. Even tried changing it back to factory and changing the orch channel to 1.

The MIDI port (set to in) does receive MIDI as I can change UPGs using MSB/LSB/PC so it is confirmed working and the sustain function is set to on in system, and the correct number pedal is set (under the Foot Controller setting on the FR).

I CAN get sustain to work by setting one of the far left bass buttons as function switches and assigning CC64 to one of those, so it does work on the unit, just not via MIDI in.

Contacted Roland who essentially repeated the steps in the manual, and even they are scratching their heads over why it is not working.

So I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has managed to get it working?

Thanks

EDIT: Re-checked the manual specifically for the FC-300, and instead of it being in CC mode...it needs to be in Sysex mode for it to work. One of those weird Roland OS programming things!
Ok now moving on to the Expression pedal hahaha!

Last edited:
You need to use the soft-thru function on the accordion. Than it will receive. The widibud pro plugged into the FR4x has a soft thru switch in the program. With the widi bud pro softthru on and the following parameters are met, you can receive cc64…otherwise you need the sysex for the pedal settings within the Roland…but you will need a pedal that sends sysex which I believe most pedals use program messages…?
• Not transmitted when “Real Time RX-TX” part parameters is “Off”.
• Not transmitted when the “PC” parameter of the “Global Setting” group is “Off”
• Not transmitted when the “PC” parameter in the part “MIDI TX” group is “Off”

If you do these settings and use widibud pro with the softthru on, you will receive sustain for your orchestrations…you can also set this to accept expression cc11 as shown…

Widibud pro can be purchased here:

Last edited:
Back