• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

shrewsbury folk festival 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

george garside

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Shrewsbury folk festival August Bank holiday weekend.  As in previous years I will be running a series of 5 DG melodeon workshops. See melodeon. net website for more info.   Am not sure whether or not there will be any piano accordion workshops but see festival website  .  Shrewsbury is one of the biggest folk festivals in the UK  and is all on one site with camping facilities available - see festival website for full programme etc.

george

I can confirm that there will be  5 progressive piano box workshops  2 Saturday, 2 sunday and one Monday. Obviously with focus on folk/trad music.

I an also confirm that  my  5 progressive DG melodeon workshops  will also be 2 Saturday, 2 sunday and 1 Monday.  They are not suitable for absolute beginners but anyone who can already play a few tunes should be ok.  The first two, maybe 2and a half workshops will concentrate on learning the basics of 3 relatively easy but very different tunes.. The second two will, all being well  focus on  adding some 'musicality' to the right notes in the right order.  The third  focus on  possible 'embelishments ' to the tunes.

The necessary material will be available as required during the workshops.  Absolute beginners are of course welcome to 'sit in' and soak up some knowledge and meet up with  other melodeon players.

george

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back