• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

SEM Ciao midi help

jpender993

Reaction score
I have a SEM Ciao midi and I’m trying to program some of the voices (instrumentation). I have the manual and followed the steps, but it won’t hold the new instrument in memory. Let’s say I want to select Violin on Channel 2, bank A. I press and hold the Treble section and press Chanel 2, the the lights flash. I then select instrument 40. It will play violin, but if in go to Chanel 1, then back to Chanel 2, the setting is gone. How do I Store the selection? Can someone give me the final step?
Thanks in advance- Jack

I had a SEM Ciao ao long ago that I honestly can’t recall if what you want to do is possible. It could be that you’re confusing midi channels with memory locations. They’re not the same thing.

I’m trying to store one of the 400 instruments in the book. For example, if I press button 2, I want to hear a violin on treble, a bass guitar on the bass and piano on the chord. I know it can be done since I’ve done it years ago, but I’m missing something.

I do not own a CIAO, but that definitely is not going to have much to do with MIDI channels, but more like what Alan suggests, how to create a preset.

Back