• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Roland FR8x problemssssss!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eferarita

I hope somebody can help me....cuz Roland Tech support will not call me back and the palace that I purchased it from has no idea of what's wrong with it. (cost me $7,000) I should've of purchased a Accustic with a midi.....

1) One of the keys on the keyboard side sometimes does not make a sound.

2) The MP3 playback now doesn't work but when i press on the registers it will come up and by pressing on a different register it will play back.

3) I purchased extra instrument sounds and now that's not pulling up when I choose it.

I haven't tried to reset it to factory settings because I will lose all my data that i have saved in it......

Can somebody help or m I SOL!?!?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Ernie

I like to share opinions that I hope will help, but I am not the owner of any Roland V-accordion, but I am not stupid either and can offer advice that may help.

1 - make a complete BACKUP of your settings and sounds before doing anything.
2 - download the latest firmware and learn the proper way to do a complete reinstall.
3 - reset the accordion to default settings and check to see what has been "fixed" and what has not.
4 - restore your backup with settings to your accordion.

I am sure people with more experience and possible solutions will make a post soon (hey JimD.! :) ), so hang tight. Also while waiting, do a search on Google groups for the Roland V-accordion site, tons of good people there. Join and post there as well, it may help.

The few things that I recall that JimD told me that I see how important it now is, was to:
1 - make sure you have a good warranty with your purchase
2. buy from a known reputable good dealer
3. when purchasing these accordions, make sure they include training

The man spoke the truth! :)

Good luck and let us know how things go. Oh, you may want to share where you are located, in case someone wants to steer you to a local reputable or well known and trusted dealer that can help you out in case no one here can help.

Welcome to the forum!

I think Jerry has the right order of things to do. Make the backup first on a usb stick then do a reset. If everything works then update the latest firmware. If you have the same problems then it is down do hardware and will need to be taken back to the shop you bought it from. In any case a backup and reset are a must.

I never thought that I would ever hear someone advising someone to re-boot an accordion :ugeek: :b

Haha... so true! Yet here we are, and the future holds more like this. Be grateful the thing doesn't run under Windows, the tiny screen would constantly be showing you a blue screen of death! :lol:

Back up your settings on a flash drive - do a factory reset - then import your settings
Where are you located ??

I have only just seen this. I had a problem with notes not playing on keyboard within a few months of having my fr8x. Roland could not replicate the problem. I had loads of other problems with a few visits back for repair. 5 months after the last repair the intermittent note playing got worse. I worked out it was after playing for an hour. Accordion was out of warranty but I had been mentioning this since the beginning. In the end the accordion was sent to Japan for diagnostics. I have a new fr8x arrived today.
I had never played my accordion on anything but battery, I turned all volume knobs etc to zero before switching on/off. I thought I was going crazy until I saw your post too.

What kind of bothers me is here a person comes on the board and on their first post screams bloody murder, we take the time to help them and they never come back or update their status, letting us know what happened. Heck, Jim even asked him where he is from so that if by chance he was in the same area, he could suggest he bring it in or tell him where he could get more help, face to face.

Previously, I would never have been able to say this, but because I own one, I will say it now... There are some types of people that should not purchase the Roland V-Accordions because they are simply too complex for them! Sure one can use them in their most basic, but if you are the kind of person that is easily intimidated by technology, yes, choose that acoustic accordion instead, you will be much happier.

This accordion, more than any other on the market demands that you have great amounts of patience, do a LOT of reading and even more experimenting. You must have an online (internet) presence and search and read. Join forums like this one and in the case if the V-Accordion, it's important to join the Roland Yahoo group and before posting read, read and read some more.

Just after I joined that group, I took about 5 days and read every post in the Roland and FR-8X forums. I looked at every video on YouTube and had read through the owners manual several times, and I did all this before I even received my V-Accordion!

It is interesting what you can learn, like for example, did you know that Roland has made available ALL of the sound expansions (what Ernie calls extra instrument sounds) for free? Just just need to know where to look. ;)

Above all else, don't be afraid to use simple common sense! Are you having issues with your newly bought V-Accordion? Bring it back to the dealer you bought it from! It's not your job to fix it, it is theirs. Need help learning more about your instrument? Do what I suggested above.

I will be the first to tell you that 90% of all issues are user based due to lack of info or improper use, but there are legitimate issues possible as well.

This is why I decided not long after getting my "V" that I would one day soon make a video series on this accordion. I think I will start on it in March. :)

...and also be aware that not all sets from the 4X are functional at 100% on the 8x. Use the ones made for the 8x (from the 8x folders and you should be good).

In my case I was glad I bought from a reputable dealer and I can only praise Roland for their help in resolving the problems, I am lucky in that I work as a computer programmer so understand the manuals etc and the importance of the software updates.

I do hope I am not the person judged to be screaming on a first post as I have posted previously. I was responding to the keyboard issue the original poster discussed.

No one is judging anyone here and I have no more rights than anyone else here, new or old members. I was just stating a point that common courtesy asks that if you request assistance and someone takes the time to help you, a small insignificant acknowledgment or status update is appreciated.

It's a bit funny to look back and see it was almost 7 months to the day later from my first post in this thread that I picked up my own FR-8X. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back