• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Roland FR1 - switching off midi channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

knobby

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've just got an iRig Midi adapter so I can connect my FR1 to my old iPad 2 to use it with Garageband. The manual says treble notes are sent on midi channel 1, bass notes channel 2 & chords on channel 3. Unfortunately Garageband picks up all notes played irrespective of the midi channel they were received on.
Is there any way to stop the FR1 sending midi info on some of these channels?

Have you looked at page 60 of the manual? Looks like you can change the channels or indeed turn them off.

Have you looked at page 60 of the manual?
I don’t have that many pages - it an FR1 not a 1X, although I’ll have a look at the 1X manual and see if it helps.

On page 25 it says that we can only swap channels 2 and 3. The FR-1 does not have many MIDI options, unfortunately. The FR-1x does allow for re-configuring the Tx channels.

sounds like something you would typically filter on the receiving side

but I guess GB can't do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back