• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

REPAIR FIX MY ACCORDION - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fuka

REPAIR FIX MY ACCORDION - HELP :?: :roll:

I bought my accordion Horch model Superior all ok. But, when arrived some bass were stuck and dont spring. I try put back, when rest 1, him never back, then I put off the mirror (bass table). But how a can put back easily???
Someone have ideia? How to do it?

Thanks mates,

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,424
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,434
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 1,426
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 1,424
Placing the right buttons back through the right holes is a painstakingly slow process that requires great care. It may be best to start with the back row first and while holding the plate at a bit of an angle work your way towards the front. It may easily take upwards of an hour to accomplish this. Patience is key. There is no way you can magically get all the buttons to simply snap through the holes all at once.

debra said:
Placing the right buttons back through the right holes is a painstakingly slow process that requires great care. It may be best to start with the back row first and while holding the plate at a bit of an angle work your way towards the front. It may easily take upwards of an hour to accomplish this. Patience is key. There is no way you can magically get all the buttons to simply snap through the holes all at once.

Back row: is it just bass (fundamental)?
How I know the respective row to bass?
Did I need put off all legs (bass) ?

fuka said:
Back row: is it just bass (fundamental)?
How I know the respective row to bass?
Did I need put off all legs (bass) ?
With the back row I mean the row closest to the bellows.
You should be able to tell which button goes into whish row by looking at where the button is connected in the complex mechanism.
I have no idea what you mean with Did I need to put off all legs (bass) ?

However you try it it will be a difficult, precise and very time consuming job.

Hi fuka, I don't know the Horch box at all but, from the photos, the bass machine looks very similar to the Weltmeister that 'aaronishappy' was working on last year. This was all recorded in detail in the thread 'Bass buttons jammed?'. I suggest you have a look through this one, then report back.
Garth

Thanks mates,

I will read all and think more how do it more correct possible.

Look this, mates. Good movie:

Accordion - Mechanical Assembly of the Bass / Accordion, Harmonica, Concertina

I will try do this! But how I know exactly what button (bass) is for hole correct?
LOOK VIDEO

Your two films are good but for a different type of bass machine.
I say follow the advice already given above.
Garth

fuka said:
Look this, mates. Good movie:

Accordion - Mechanical Assembly of the Bass / Accordion, Harmonica, Concertina

The process of assembling a complete bass machine versus just getting the buttons through the holes on an already assembled one is very different.
Furthermore the videos show bass machines where there is one solid (aluminum) strip from button to mechanism whereas your bass machine has hinging connections between the buttons and the mechanism. On your bass machine finding which button goes through which hole is harder than with the mechanisms where the buttons are fixed to the aluminum strip directly.

is it possible (im sure it is) to know where each part of a bass mechanism goes if say all the parts from a stripped bass end got all mixed up. And how would you be able to work it out.

Hi Boxman, My first major project was a Casali which I completely stripped and rebuilt. This was covered a few years ago in the 'mission impossible' thread on accordionist.org but I have bother reaching that site now.
I had never seen inside a box before then. Good fun but it took me months.
Garth

the boxman said:
is it possible (im sure it is) to know where each part of a bass mechanism goes if say all the parts from a stripped bass end got all mixed up. And how would you be able to work it out.

Its possible, but I wouldnt envy anyone the task.

For each bass button position youd have to know what the button in that spot was supposed to do (play a particular bass note, or a play a certain chord). Youd then need to know which notes needed to be played to accomplish the task of that button location (the three notes used in the chord, etc.), that is, which valves need to be opened when that button is pressed.

From there, youd figure out which little levers in the bass machine need to be pushed down to get those valves to open, then finally which piston rod has the diddley-bits on it that correspond to those levers.

Moral of the story: Try to not take apart your bass machine if you can avoid it. :D If you do have to remove the rods, build some sort of sorting bin that matches the layout of your bass buttons exactly, and place the rods in the corresponding spot so they dont get out-of-order. (Ive heard of people building bins with plastic straws.)

Hi. I have taken out several bass machines, in order to replace the felt and leather on the pedals. For that I had to remove the bass machine and buttons. I found a way to make sure all the button rods would be placed in the same holes by writing numbers on them. It was very helpful when reassembling the bass machine. Just a tip I learned when repairing the bass machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back